Chapter 25

Getting into her room, she locks the door behind her and starts shedding tears,

"Main kyun ro rahi hun bhaiya? Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha, ye sub kya ho raha hai? Rajveer Sir! Kya wo apko jante hain? Kya uss din wo Rajveer Sir hi the jinhone apki photo frame uthayi thi? Par unhone aisa kyu kia? Wo bhi to subki tarah apko gaddar, ek traitor samjhte honge na, fir kyu kia unhone aisa? Ya fir... kya aisa ho sakta hai ki shayad wo ye jaante ho ki aap deshdrohi nahi the?"

Rubbing off her tears, she gets up and brings out Naveen's diary from the cupboard and starts reading a page randomly where she finds the mention of the name 'Raj'.

6th July 2011

Main iss Raj ka kya karun? Waise kehne ko to wo mera best friend hai, par subse zyada tang bhi wohi karta hai. Aaj 'Military History' class mein purey time mujhe tang karta raha. Maine Ritu ko jo notes diye the, uss pagal Raj ko wo 'love letters' lagey. Ab main kisi ko love letters kyu likhunga bhala? Acha theek hai mujhey Ritu se baat karna pasand hai par aisa kuch nahi hai jaisa Raj soch raha hai. Oh God! Main itna blush kyu kar raha hun ye likhte hue? Uuf... agar main aur likhne baitha na to main pagalon ki tarah hansne lagunga. Kisi aur ka to pata nahi par Raj, Raj mera mazak zarur udayega. Baad mein baat karte hain.

Bye!

Reading this page, she closes the diary.

"Shayad main kuch zada hi soch rahi hun. Mujhey jaldbazi nahi karni chahiye",

deciding that she won't rush into a conclusion. She decides to stay calm and also promises herself that she won't ask anything to Rajveer, until and unless she feels that it's time to ask him everything or else she'll wait for him to speak on this topic first.

*****

Next Morning

While Pooja and Suriji were engrossed in talking to each other and laughing, standing on the corridor. Naina joins them, standing next to Pooja and on the other hand Rajveer joins them, standing next to Suriji. Embracing Suriji from behind by his shoulders, Rajveer says,

"Kya baat ho rhi hai Suriji?",

and stares at Naina, keeping a check that no one but Naina could understand that he is staring her.

Naina fully aware that he is eyeing her, avoids any eye contact with him. But anyhow Naina couldn't escape at last from making an eye contact. Exhaling, as if his whole life was depending on the eye contact, Rajveer gives a sigh of relief, and smiles slightly.

(Rajveer-Naina tune starts)

Rajveer lifts his head indicating 'kya hua?' , fully alert that no one notices him but Naina.

Naina shakes her head slightly, and lowers her eyes. This was enough for him to understand that everything is okay between both of them. Noticing her shyness, Rajveer smiles.

"Chalein Pooja?",

Naina looks towards Rajveer, who is looking at her.

He smiles, as a gesture of permission for her to leave, and Pooja and Naina leave.

"Chaliye Suriji, ek achi si coffee pilayiye",

says Rajveer, embracing Suriji by his shoulder, closing his eyes he shakes his head, which radiates the last bits of tension from his mind and body. Smiling they both head towards the mess.

*****

After sometime, Naina and Pooja were heading towards their room, both engrossed in a conversation.

"Aur Rajveer Sir, mera matlab padhate waqt to wo lenient hain, but drill ke time strict hue to?"

"Ek teacher agar strict na ho to anushasan, discipline kaise maintain rahega, Cadet Ghai?",

scolds Major Nayyer from behind. Naina and Pooja turn to look.

"But Sir...",

starts Pooja.

"Cadet Ghai, aap logo ko agar anushasan mein na rakha jaye to KMA ka pura balance bigad sakta hai, especially aap aurton ki wajah se!"

"Ladkiyan Sir!",

corrects Pooja.

"Cadet Ghai agar mera bus chaley to main kisi aurat ko iss field mein aane hi na dun. Aurtein ghar ki chaar deewaron ke ander hi achi lagti hain"

"Kyu Sir? KMA ki deewarein konsi buri hain? Balki inn deewaron ke ander hum girl cadets, duniya ko face karne ke liye, burai se ladne ke liye khud ko tayaar karti hain. Mere hisaab se to, ghar ki chaar deewaron se, KMA ki chaar deewarein zada mazboot hain, specially hum 'girl' cadets ko kafi safe feel karwati hain, ye chaar deewarein",

Pooja emphasizes on the word 'girl'.

"Cadet Ghai ek baar drills shuru hone do, tab dekhte haun, KMA ki zindagi tumhe zada pasand aati hai ya apne ghar ki!",

challenges Major Nayyer.

"Baat pasand- napasand ki nahi hai Sir, baat hai mazboot irade ki. Baat hai such samne laane ki",

retorts Naina, her eyes reflecting her anger.

"Kya apke iraade mazboot hain Cadet Singh?"

"Yes Sir!",

answers Naina, with full confidence.

"Hmmm... to chaliye, dekhte hain, aayiye".

Pooja and Naina stare at each other, thinking where is he leading them to? What is his plan? But this doesn't shake Naina at all. Although Pooja gets tensed a little but it doesn't take much time to her, to get back her equilibrium.

Taking them to the ground, Major Nayyer orders them to take five rounds of the big ground. Naina starts without giving a thought about it. Pooja follows her. The first round goes normal for both of them, which boosts up their energy for the second round. But by the mid of the second round, they both start to feel that it won't be an easy task to complete the next three rounds.

As they start with their third round, their reduced speed and stamina, make it clear that they are starting to loss the battle. Because of tiredness, Pooja fails to notice a pit on the ground, she stumbles and falls. Naina, who is running ahead of her, turns to look at her and shouts,

"Pooja...!"

Getting back to her, she helps her to get up and asks her,

"Tu theek to hai na?"

Pooja nods to a yes, not having courage to answer.

Major Nayyer notices them halting, he himself standing afar from them. He shouts to make himself audible,

"Cadets, keep moving!"

Naina turns and gives him an angry look, creasing her eyebrows, she shouts,

"Yes Sir!"

Then turning towards Pooja she says,

"Chal Pooja",

giving her courage that she can do it. They again continue, soon they finish the task.