Chapter 62

Naina's cheeks turn red, her gaze fixed on him. She doesn't realize when her eyes suddenly gets filled with tears. She doesn't even understand why is she in that state - is she upset, angry, frustrated or 'overwhelmed'!

" 'Strategy aur Communication' ka teacher hun Naina, koi bhi kadam uthane se pehle strategy bana kar chalta hun, par pata nahi kyun tumhare samne na koi strategy yaad aati hai aur na hi jab by chance koi strategy bana bhi leta hun to tum par apply kar pata hun.

Jab bhi lagta hai ki main tumhe achi tarah samjhne laga hun, tum humesha kuch aisa kar deti ho ki main sochne par majboor ho jata hun ki kya main tumhe such mein achi tarah janta hun?

Mujhey nahi pata Naina ki ye maine sahi kiya ya nahi; main to ye bhi nahi janta ki tumhari zindagi mein koi hai ya nahi!", saying this, Rajveer looks at her with almost teary eyes, hoping that she wouldn't admit that she loves someone else. Her eyes remains transfixed to a point on the ground, tear rolling down her cheeks. With all his courage, Rajveer asks her, "kya tum... kya tum kisi aur se... pyar..."

The sudden stare of Naina after hearing this line, doesn't let him to complete his line. Out of frustration he says, "for god's sake Naina, jawab do!" Not even caring to rub off her tears, Naina answers, "kyun? Kya farak parhta hai apko? Aap jo chahte hain wohi aap karte hain humesha, aur ab puch kar bhi kya faida!" she utters her each word slowly, without any emotion, what so ever.

(Rajveer-Naina fast tune begins in the background)

"Tumhe sharm aa rahi thi na ki tumhe tumhare teacher ke saath... Tum ye kaise bhul gayi Naina ki main tumhara teacher hone se pehle Naveen ka dost hun? To humare beech sirf student-teacher ka rishta nahi dosti ka bhi rishta hai!

Bhaley hi hum miley ab hain, yahan, KMA mein par mera rishta tumse uss din hi bandh gaya tha Naina jis din maine Naveen se dosti ki thi. Ek baat batao Naina agar aaj Naveen yahan hota humare saath iss academy mein, aur tab ye sub hota to kya tab bhi tum yahi kehti ki main Naveen ka dost hun isliye humare beech koi rishta nahi ho sakta? Ki main tumhara teacher hun, tumhara mentor hun to humare beech koi rishta nahi ho sakta?" he waits for her to answer him, when she doesn't then he continues, "frankly I think Naveen khud chahta ki hum dono miley!" At this Naina meets his eyes, "Aap ye kaise keh sakte hain?"she asks, creasing her brows. "Main janta hun kyunki..." Naina waits for him to complete the line. Realizing what he was about to do, he takes a deep breath, closing his eyes he shakes his head, then opens his eyes again and completes his line,"kyunki Naina, Naveen mera dost hai. Main janta hun ussey!"

Unable to understand what more should he say to convince her, he shakes his head out of frustration. He looks at her for the last time, expecting her to say something, but she remains in a state of shock, tears roll down her cheeks non-stop, she keeps crying silently. Feeling it hard to bear looking her at that state, he leaves his room, giving her space and time to accept the truth. As much as he wants to stay with her, talk to her, comfort her, he also knows this very well that she needs to stay alone and think, ponder the situation. He needs few answers but decides that he'll ask them later, when she'll be in a state to think, decide and answer.

He even needs to explain her many things, make her understand many things but he needs to have patience. Even he needs to accept the new truth of his life! Although it's him only who brought this sudden change in her's as well as his own life, but of course he too wasn't prepared for this! It was a in the moment kind of decision. But he is sure he has done nothing that he'll regret in future because he knows if anyone fits with Rajveer, it is only Naina! If anyone can share Captain Rajveer's hard life, then it is onlyhis Cadet Singh.

As he leaves the room, Naina quickly moves towards the door of Rajveer's room and locks it. Then turning to face the room, her back touching the door, she slides down, crying and sits down on the floor, her knees popped up. Naina hugs her knees and starts weeping hysterically. "Bhaiya...!"she says in between her weeps, looking heavenwards. She touches her maang and checks her fingers, which have the imprints of the red lipstick. Fresh tears roll down her cheeks, her whole body shaking out of fear and shock. Her heartbeats running at a high-speed, her cheeks radiating heat.