Chapter 65

"Alright guys hope you have a good day I'll meet you later", saying this he gives a last look to Naina, not expecting her to look back and with that he leaves.

Naina sighs as he leaves. Alekh notices her reaction and understands that something is going on between the two. Naina once again remembers the moment he had filled her maang with the vermilion. She feels uneasy on remembering that."Ahmm... main abhi aati hun",saying this she leaves the mess, without even waiting for any permission from them.

*****

As she was walking by the empty corridor, Rajveer ushers from nowhere and pulls her along him, without even bothering to look at her for permission. Taking her into his room, he closes the door behind them. Before he could say anything, Naina speaks up getting irritated,"Kya ye zaruri hai ki jab bhi hum apke room mein aye, to aap mujhse gussa ho?" On listening to her protest, his eyes softens a little. He declares calmly, "uss pal ke baad se maine tumhe ab jakar dekha!". He doesn't take the pain to explain which pal he is talking about! Naina remains quiet, her eyes looking downwards."Kuch kaho Naina, please", he scolds her mildly. Placing his hands on her shoulders, which sends her electrical feeling all over her body, and sets her heart to beat even faster, he turns her away from him, towards the mirror.

They enjoy a small eye lock into the mirror, both serious.On realizing that she is staring him, Naina lowers her eyes. Rajveer points towards her maang on the mirror. She takes her hand towards hermaang to rub off the imprints of the lipstick, but Rajveer grabs her hand before it reaches her maang which takes her by surprise. They enjoy another eye lock in the mirror. Placing her hand back to her side, Rajveer uses his thumb to erase the imprint properly, throughout this time their eye lock remains intact.

Having done that, Rajveer declares, "chalo at least tumne meri ankhon mein dekhna to seekha!" (Rajveer-Naina tune begins in the background as they stare each other in the mirror). Then Rajveer tells her, "Naina, kyunki hum 24 hours KMA mein rahenge, aur hum kisi ko bata nahi sakte ke..." he again looks into the mirror, meeting her eyes, expecting her to understand what he is trying to tell her, then continues, "tumhe sindoor lagane ki zarurat nahi hai", Rajveer completes the line nervously. Rajveer accepts silently, that he still needs time to accept the relationship he is going to share with her henceforth.

Naina turns to look at him. It's then that Rajveer notices something! Out of curiosity he asks,"Maine pehle kabhi nahi dekha tumhe ye pehne hue?", and points towards a chain she is wearing. Although she had been quite serious throughout this time, but this question of his makes her to laugh. Rajveer stares her, puzzled, unable to understand what made her to laugh. Of course he didn't ask anything stupid or funny. "Kya hua? Tum hans kyun rahi ho?" "Aap bilkul ek typical husband ki tarah baat kar rahe hain" informs Naina and continues laughing.

Blushing on her comment, Rajveer lowers his eyes and asks, "really?" "I mean", chuckling and blushing he says, "I am sorry agar tumhe bura laga to". His innocent apology swells her heart. Unable to bear her feelings anymore, she says, "aap bhi ajeeb hain, mujhse bina puchey meri zindagi ka itna bada faisla le liya. Aur ab itni si baat ke liye mujhse sorry keh rahe hain?" Her words set their hearts to beat at altogether a different level. They both keep staring each other.

(Rajveer-Naina begins in the background).

Realizing that he must explain her, he says,"Naina humare beech jo kuch bhi hua... mera matlab uski wajah se ye mat sochna ki tumhari koi responsibility hai meri taraf. Tum bilkul free ho, jaisi zindagi jeena chahti ho jeeyo. Koi restriction nahi hai meri taraf se". Rajveer keeps staring her, desperately wanting her to understand his feelings. Understanding his state too well, Naina gives her an assuring smile. "Main bhi apse yahi kehna chahti thi, iss rishte ko apni duty ke beech mein kabhi mat aane dena aap. Ahmm.. ek aur baat... wo... aap...". Sensing her hesitation, Rajveer encourages her to speak, "Kya hua? Kuch kehna hai? Tumhe jo kehna hai bina kisi jhijhak ke keh sakti ho", he assures her.

Lowering her eyes, out of shyness, Naina says,"aap please kabhi aisa mat sochna ki aap kisi bandhan mein bandh gaye hain. Agar... agar future mein apko...", taking a deep breath and calming herself down, she continues,"apko kabhi koi ladki pasand aa gayi to..." as she begins with this, a frown appears on Rajveer's face.

Still being bold, Naina continues, "to meri taraf se koi restriction nahi hoga". Having completed her line, she exhales the air she had been holding all this time.

All of a sudden, out of anger, Rajveer holds her by her upper arms and pushes her towards the wall of his room, until her back touches the wall and says in anger, "tumhe kya lagta hai Naina, maine tum par koi daya ki hai? Mehrbani ki hai?", they both keep looking into each other's eyes. (Rajveer-Naina fast tune begins in the background)

Where on one side Naina's eyes are reflecting the pain, he is inflicting into her by pressing her arms tightly in anger, there on the other side Rajveer's eyes are reflecting the pain, that her words inflicted into him. Their heartbeats as if racing with each other. How can she even think that he did it out of pity or anger? How can she think that he would ever like to break the onlyrelationship which he can call as family? YesNaina is his familyhenceforth!

Unable to bear his anger, Naina apologizes"I am sorry", with almost teary eyes.Leaving her he says,"Naina, tum mujhey kabhi samajh hi nahi payi!", and he turns to leave the room, when Naina holds his arm from behind. He doesn't turn back, out of anger."Apne apne sawal ka jawab to liya hi nahi!"Rajveer learns to look at her and creases his brows, unable to comprehend which question is she referring to. Understanding his confusion, Naina pulls forward the locket of her chain, and says,"aap janna chahte the na ki ye kisne diya aur ye kyun pehna hai maine?", then she looks at Rajveer, who looks back at her expectantly."Ye mere paas pehle se tha", she answers and adds quickly, "issey pehle ki apko aisa lagey ki kisi ladke ne mujhey ye diya hai, to main apko ye bata dun ki ye maine khud khareeda tha!" Her words makes him to laugh lightly. Naina smiles a little, feeling happy on seeing him relaxed and smiling. Then she opens the heart shaped locket and reveals what's inside it. The content takes Rajveer by surprise. It swells his heart. Unable to decide how to react, he starts with "ye...", Naina continues him, holding her locket, "main academy mein sindoor to nahi laga sakti to socha ussey ek locket mein band karke rakh dun", then she pauses to look at him, then continues, looking back to her locket, "I mean ye exactly sindoor to nahi hai, uss lipstick ka thoda sa powder bana kar..."she trails off the sentence, knowing that he'll understand.