Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part Two

(Y/N) told the men to place Fili on a smooth wooden stool by the fire and to delicately unbind his leg while she gathered some herbs and a pile of sterile bandages. "You have this place as lovely as ever, (Y/N)-" Gandalf mused as he sat by the window and looked out at the picturesque landscape that lay before the cottage. "-It's more beautiful each time I pass by."

(Y/N) kindly placed herself down by Fili, grinning to the wizard. "I try my best, although these days it is not the best idea to go wandering into the forest alone, we have a dark shadow over these lands."

"Orcs?" Gandalf grunted with an intense scowl.

"Indeed."

The healer then raised her hands to request silence and began to utter vivid words of positivity under a heavy exhale of breath. She took her first look at the wound, which seemed to be oozing thick ebony-coloured puss as the fragile skin around it the slowly turning the same shade. Trying her best to not gag at the smell, (Y/N) pressed some raw ginger root between her willowy fingertips and dropped the pulp into a porcelain bowl of hot water. "You might want to drink this..." She thrust the tea into a paling Fili's hands, explaining that it might stop his evident nausea from becoming any worse.

For the next few minutes, the dwarf squirmed around in pain, letting out a yelp of discomfort when (Y/N) dabbed at his leg with different leaves and plants. Only Gandalf was able to listen closely enough to hear her humming mildly under a steady sigh of breath, whispering healing words of encouragement. The others had become too engrossed in the small conversation that had broken out about how the injury had come to be.

"He did not move in time. Even a child could have avoided that orc arrow" Kili teased, pulling a monstrous expression towards his brother.

"There was so many of them, I would have liked to see you try and fight off 20 orcs with only a dagger!" His brother retorted back with a snarl.

"20?? I only saw 5 at the most!" The dwarf prince let out a roar of laughter as Fili had tried to stand up and take a run at him. "You'll make your leg worse brother!"

"Be quiet you two." Thorin smirked, sitting himself down in a corner near a bustling bookshelf, busying himself with thoughts of the rather beautiful stranger who had greeted them in the garden. She had been accommodating and sweet, and yet the notion of asking her to join them on the quest for Erebor bothered him greatly. He knew nothing about her, and what he did know wasn't exactly the most comforting information. There was an air of vitality about her, however. Fresh, exciting and alluring. She spoke incredibly well, with an attractive degree of sarcasm and wit. And her body moved in a majestic fashion, holding her frame delightfully...  

Without realising it, the king had been lost in his daydreaming for some time, as Fili was now up on his feet, dancing about as (Y/N) tidied up her equipment. "Thank you so much, Miss. It's amazing! It could be a new leg!" The dwarf prince hollered, patting his shin down happily.

"You are more than welcome." The woman spoke a smile. "It should not be a bother anymore."

"Yes, yes. Another excellent job!" Gandalf stood to his full height, joining in with the joyous clapping coming from the young brothers.

"And so...now we come to the business of the band of dwarves sat in my garden-" The healer looked to the wizard, an eyebrow raised quizzically. "-I gather that there is more to this visit than an infected scratch."

"It was not just a scratch! It was a war wound!!" Fili laughed, yanking on his brother's collar to show the men outside what had become of his calf. Thorin waited to begin talking until the young dwarves had left the house, walking off to close the door behind them.