Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part Sixteen

Thorin briefly allowed himself to enjoy the warmth and comfort of waking up with his arms snaked tightly around (Y/N). They had never spent a night together without the prying eyes of a dozen or so dwarves, and one very curious Hobbit, so the king wanted to relish the feeling of having her all to himself for a little while longer. She slowly stirred as he pressed a kiss to the top of her hair, breathing in her scent and exhaling deeply. Thorin could not have been any happier. "Is it morning?" (Y/N) asked rather sleepily and started moving about under the sheets.

"Near enough." He soothed, stroking the delicate skin of her lower back. "But you can rest for a while longer yet."

She settled back into the heat of his body, grinning. "I wish you could sleep here every night..." (Y/N) muttered into Thorin's chest as she wrapped her arms back around him and snuggled down into his hair.  The king suddenly pushed himself to his knees and tossed the healer onto her back, making her squeal out in inviting excitement. He then proceeded to climb on top of her, pinning her wrists to bed with his hands and looking down at her with a wild glint in his eye. 

"I am able to sleep where I like, I am the king. Who would argue with it?" He smirked provocatively.

"No-one would dare." (Y/N) whispered back, delighted as he leaned down closer to her lips and beginning to sigh and moan underneath his heaviness.

"But unfortunately, as the king, I also have duties to attend to-" Thorin teased into her ear and stood up swiftly to get dressed with the most handsome smile spread wide across his face. "-Sorry."

(Y/N) did not move from underneath the blankets, remembering that she had tossed her dress across the room at some time during the night. Instead, she decided upon playfully pouting as the dwarf pulled on his boots and tugging on his arm to pull him back into bed.

"I have a few things to sort out today. Things that can't wait, I'm afraid. No matter how tempting you are." Thorin chuckled and walked to get his belt from across the room.

The healer forcefully pushed herself back onto the pillows, her hair fanning out behind her. She smiled at him and waved regally. "Of course." 

***

Thorin had commanded the dwarves to meet him on the great balcony once they had awoken and dressed. He himself now made his way to feel the cool morning air drift across his face and then smiled a greeting to Balin, the only member of the company to be awake at such an early hour. "Ah, how are you today Thorin?" The elder dwarf asked while looking out across the landscape with a deep sense of pride and compassion.

"I am well thank you, Balin. What of you?-" The king stated, sitting down upon a large boulder of chiselled rock. "-You seem to be awake quite early."

"Yes, I do not think it has quite hit me yet that we have made it home. I've been too excited to sleep!!" Balin laughed richly and moved to sit by his friend.

Thorin glanced at his hands, a feeling of contentment washing over him in a raging wave of emotion. "Home-" He nodded in agreement. "It does feel strange to say it." The two dwarves looked out across the tumbling land of the lonely mountain, each wrapped in their own soothing thoughts for a while. 

The king suddenly broke the silence with a lowly yelp and stared at the wise dwarf. "Balin, I wish to marry (Y/N)."

Balin immediately jumped from his chair, beaming from ear to ear. "Oh, Thorin! I am over the moon for you both!!" He exclaimed, grabbing the king into a tight hug. "Your father would be so very proud!"

Tears swam in Thorin's bright blue eyes and he played with his hands absentmindedly to hide his sorrows. "I know that Thrain would have loved her."