Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part Nineteen

"All of you-" Thorin boomed to his company "Inside. Get to the armoury. Grab as many weapons as you can! We will meet back here when you are all ready!" (Y/N) turned to run with the rest of the dwarves, but Thorins strong arm held her back. "Not you." He whispered, a tenderness seeping into his tone.

"If you seriously think I will not be out there-" She began, but was instantly cut off.

"-Not this time, (Y/N)." Thorin looked at her, deep concern filling his eyes. "Ori, you will also follow me."

(Y/N) tried to move out of her husbands tight grip, but he was impossibly strong and easily overpowered her pushes. Thorin then made way to drag her down into the halls of the dwarven kingdom, deeper than she had yet dared to venture because of the dense darkness. Huge golden statues of dwarf soldiers filled the height of the halls and the walk ways, made from thick and heavy marble, radiated coldness all around and into the air. The girl did not much like the feel of this part of Erebor and now had a great suspicion of where they were all headed. Ori was bouncing along behind them eagerly, struggling to keep up with the kings footsteps.

"Where... are... we... going, Thorin?" The little dwarf gasped in between shortened breaths.

But the king did not need to answer, for he had abruptly stopped in front of a heavy oaken door, straining under the weight of many locks and keys that had been hung upon it loosely. Above the door a huge elaborate bust had been carved into the rock, a contorted face and an evil glare in its eyes. The dwarf king turned to his wife, a look of horror now pressed firmly on her face as (Y/N) began desperately shaking her head and trying to wriggle free, but it was no use.

"The dungeons-" Thorin mouthed almost silently. "-She will be going in the dungeons."

"No! You do not have to do this. Please!" The healer struggled as he pushed her gently into a cell and closed the door behind them both. Her skin was becoming a shade of deathly pale, and was seemingly cold to the touch. She could feel herself getting angrier by the second.

"Ori-" Thorin roared out angrily. "-look around and find weapons for yourself. You will be keeping guard here and will need to be armed."

The dwarf shot the woman an apologetic glance before racing from the room, fearing above all else the wrath of the king. Thorin was now having to use his strength to try and calm his wife, desperately trying to hold her down as she tried to escape. "(Y/N) please!" He begged. "I will not risk you getting hurt. It's final."

"And I will not let you do this!!" She cried out wildly, slamming her clenched hands on his armour with each word. He took each gentle blow with ease and as (Y/N) looked deep into his eyes she suddenly gave up, sliding herself down the wall with her face in her palms. He was not doing this to hurt her, or to spite her. He was doing this to protect her. Thorin soon sat down by the queen, stroking her soft hair and whispering soothing words. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pleaded into his ear. "But I want to help." She sobbed.

"I will not have you out there." Was all that Thorin could manage to muster as he felt himself tear up.

Ori returned to the dungeons, with an axe, a sword and some rather blunt arrows. Upon seeing the newlyweds wrapped around each other on the stone floor of the cell, he promptly turned on his heel and waited outside to give them what ever small amount of time together that he could. It seemed so cruel that they should be parted after only just celebrating their love.