Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part Eight

Thorin had been rattling the cold metal bars of his cell door for hours, desperately trying to free himself from his audacious entrapment, but discovered quickly that none of them would yield to the strength of his brutal and unforgiving force. Weakened and exhausted, the dwarf kicked out for a final time and bellowed out a frustrated curse at the top of his lungs. "That will do you no good, Thorin." Balin called calmly from the next cell, playing with his lengthy forked beard of bristling white hair. "No good at all."

"I need her back! We all need her back!" Exclaimed Thorin angrily, the passion in his words seemed almost palpable as he slumped down against the rough stone wall and gave into the drowning thoughts of a terrified (Y/N) being left on her own.

"I know, believe me, I do, but wasting your energy trying to shake those bars free will not help us. These are the halls of the Woodland Realm, no-one leaves here but by the king's orders-" The wise dwarf stood deep in thought for a few moments, trying in vain to come up with a plan of sorts. "-Thorin, will you not speak with Thranduil? Agree with what he wants? We could then all be free to leave."

"You above most know that I cannot agree to anything that long ears demands from me. He will not dictate what will be shared from that mountain, my mountain. Those treasures belong to our people! He can ishkh khakfe andu null. Him and all his kin!" The dwarf king roared out once again into the winding halls, listening as his echo harshly bled into the tranquil air.

"Well, that's it then!" Balin hissed, annoyed at Thorins heavy stubbornness and his foolish pride. "-We are wasting very precious time in this god forsaken prison and will now never reach the Lonely Mountain, not by Durins day." He sighed with a bitter hint of disappointment, shaking his head before he too sat down on the floor, rolling away a small pebble in exasperation.

"Not trapped in there you won't!!" Whispered out an excited voice, shaking a handful of clinking keys and giggling joyously. "Honestly, what would you lot do without me?"

"Bilbo Baggins!" Grinned Thorin, almost letting out a hearty laugh before slapping a hand over his lips and shuffling to the cell door. "I had almost given up hope!"

The hobbit stood before them, proudly displaying the fruits of his vigorous labour. The key to each and every cage sat upon a hoop of rusted copper and clattered together loudly with the slightest movement of Bilbo's hand. Bilbo himself wore deep bags under his eyes of dark purple and navy blue, stark evidence of the hardship he had suffered to come to the aid of the company. He smiled broadly back to the dwarf king, his twinkling pupils dancing with their usual childish charm. "-Ah, but there is always hope!" Without wasting another moment, Bilbo began to fiddle with the overt keys and shoved each of them into the surrounding locks of the dungeons, steadily making his way down the darkened hallway in which the dwarves had been imprisoned. Within minutes the men had circled around him and began to clap the hobbit on the back, thanking him profoundly and claiming that they each owed him several pints of the finest dwarfish ale.

"Aye, but where is (Y/N)?" Bilbo half laughed as he questioned them cutting off the celebrations as he ventured to peer around the empty cells. "-What has happened to her?"

"Thranduil has taken her from us-" hushed Kili in a sorrowful tone. "-Gods know what he has done to the poor girl." All of the dwarves then turned to look once again to their leader, curious as to what the next steps in their escape would be. "None of us can leave here without her," Thorin stated, his high emotions allowing his voice to crack as he ran a large palm through his tangle of ebony hair. "I will not leave (Y/N) behind."

"I have explored all over this castle, Thorin. There are guards at every turn." Bilbo spoke quickly, starting to worry that lingering for too long would lead them into more trouble.