Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part TwentyThree

(Y/N)s eyes flickered open as she sat up, gasping for air and grabbing at the rich blankets that had been laid across her body as a cold sweat dripped from her brow. She felt like her body was engulfed in flames and began to call out desperately for help.

"Here, drink this." Someone thrust a golden goblet into her hand, filled with a dense brown substance. It was sickly sweet and rather spicy with the heavy flavour of cinnamon, making her wrinkle her nose as she hurriedly drank while being desperate to cool herself down.

"Thank you." The girl breathed, instantly feeling a cooling effect work it's way down her spine and into her muscles. Her body relaxed as she rolled her neck and looked over to see who it was that seemed to be administering aide, eyes widening with shock at the figure that stood by the end of the bed.

Thranduil stood with an elegant confidence, a light smirk setting upon his face as she squirmed to stand to her feet, trying to distance herself from the elf. (Y/N) was still dizzy and weak, hurriedly grabbing at the walls to steady herself as she started to panic, grasping at her chest and struggling to catch her breath.

"It is quite alright, my dear." A wise voice soothed from the corner of the darkened room and Gandalf stepped forward, holding her by her frail wrists. "Everything is alright, now calm down."

"What is going on??" (Y/N) was upset and confused, beginning to tear up. "Where is Thorin? Where is my husband?!"

"Calm yourself (Y/N), he is fine and well! I had sent him away to get some sleep, Thorin has barely left your side. I will go and fetch him, but please get back into bed. You must rest." The old wizard smiled, sitting her down upon the edge of the mattress and then rushing from the room as his grey cloak billowed behind him.

Once the chaotic rhythm in her heart had stilled to a steady pace, (Y/N) realised that she was in the kings chambers inside of Erebor. She allowed herself to relax a little, beginning to gather the comfort of the familiar surroundings. Thranduil cleared his throat, placing himself on a short stool that was by (Y/N)s bed. "You fear being near me?" He teased, as she flinched herself away and sat silently, nervously playing with her hands in her lap.

"I will not hurt you. I did save your life after all." The elf turned his gaze to a fire that was burning in the small, marble hearth and grinned at the womans sharp intake of breath.

"You?!" (Y/N) felt her mouth fall open and she slapped a hand to her forehead out of shock. "You saved my life?"

"I did." Thranduil answered, a warmth seeping into his usually cold tone. He turned to glance at her eyes and then back to the roaring flames.

"But...why?" The healer jumped to her knees to look at him. "Why did you do that?"

Thranduil felt a confused expression falling over his strong features and crumpled up his flawless face into a stern grimace. He was not entirely sure of this himself yet. "You needed aid, I just so happened to be there to administer it." The elf said harshly, not wanting to loose his cool composure. "Nothing more."

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow to him and found herself smiling lightly. "Do not tell me that the great elf king has a heart?" She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and leaned over to be closer to him. "Why would you save me?"