Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part TwentyOne

Thorin had started to race through the shadows of the open castle ruins, leaving everyone else to play catch up behind him and only stopping occasionally to gather his baring. The weather had taken a turn for the worst as thick droplets of icy water began to splatter upon the ground around the company, making it become slippery and rather dangerous to be walking at such heights. Yet still they pursued Azog through the hazards, adrenaline pumping wildly at the thought of the twisted prize.

Fili and Kili had took it upon themselves to protect (Y/N) with their lives and ran right beside her, helping her up if she tripped over small rocks or waiting with her if she needed to fill her belly with air. Using so much magic had rather taken it out of her and the two brothers seemed slightly worried, risking small glances at each other every time she stumbled. She certainly had been weakened by her attack and was struggling to keep up with the others.

The dwarf king suddenly skidded to a stop, taking in the sight of a glittery frozen waterfall with a glistening frozen lake beneath it. "He could not have gone this way-" Thorin sighed, a defeated look passing across his face. "-It's a dead end."

"Ah, we should split up again!" Dwalin cursed out in frustration. "It would not take us long to search, there can't be that many places to hide around here." 

Thorin looked to them all. He was not so keen, but it was the best plan in the current circumstances as no more precious time could be wasted. "Dwalin, take Bilbo and search back through the castle, he could be lurking in the shadows so be prepared." The pair ran off silently at his word, drawing their weapons."Kili, Fili. You two go and join Dain and his men, there is more safety in numbers. I cannot risk anything happening to either of you. Kill as much of the filth that you can, but keep by Dains side." Thorin slapped a hand on each of the boys backs before embracing them quickly and sending them on their way. He watched after them with care and then realised that the company had scattered off in different directions, leaving (Y/N) to stand at his hip and look to him hopefully. "You will be staying with me" The dwarf smiled. She held his hand and gave his fingers a tight squeeze of appreciation, a gentle sign that she was right behind him, all the way.

The couple explored the ledge of rock that they were stood upon, searching in vein to see if Azog could have climbed away over the top of the crumbling hill or indeed skidded to his death below. There was no sign of any accident upon the brightness of the light, but a pair of great wet footprints were fading from the stone face as Thorin looked about.

"Let's assume that bastard has gone over onto the dirt path over the north of the hill-" The king began, when suddenly the ground began to shake and shudder violently as boulders began to roll down the mud and land on the smooth rock around them. Thorin grabbed (Y/N) by her arm, trying his best to keep her upright as his wife let out a squeal of terror. The dwarf followed her gaze to a shallow cave above them where Azog was stood, letting a deep and sickening roar of laughter escape from his throat as he pushed a enormous chunk of rugged granite towards them. It gave the couple just enough time to push each other out of the road of danger, the rock hitting the ground where they had just been standing within seconds. 

The pair tried to get to their feet after the impact, grabbing at each other and holding on for dear life. A loud cracking sound was heard ringing out across the air as the stone and dirt below them gave way and split in two. (Y/N) looked to her husband, her eyes wide with fear. "I love you!" She cried out before they both started to plummet down towards a thick sheet of sharp ice, the couple screaming for their lives before everything gradually fell silent. Once there was no more to be heard, Azog let out a bellowing battle cry and grinned sickly before following the newly made path to gather the bodies.