Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part TwentyTwo

Thorin was kneeling beside his wife's lifeless body, crying and screaming for help. "Somebody do something!!" He called out viciously, glancing around the tear-stained faces to realise that none of them could. Bilbo came to stand beside the king, taking off his small tweed jacket and covering (Y/N)s body as best as he could, hoping it would keep her warm. Following the small hobbits lead most of the company did the same, removing the leathers of their armour and placing whatever clothing they could spare over Thorins wife.

"I will go and find help, I will be as quick as I can!" Fili placed a hand on his uncles shoulder, casting him a sympathetic look before sliding wildly to the edge of the frozen lake in desperation.

"We do not have time!-" Gloin muttered, cursing out and stamping his feet. "-Where the bloody hell is that wizard when we need him! He should be helping the poor girl!!" This revelation lead to loud shouts of Gandalfs name, hoping that he would hear their calls for help and come to find them. Oin then sadly sunk to his knees and inspected the mage to see if there was anything he could do, knowing that this was well beyond any of his skills.

Thorin sat in deathly silence and placed his head against (Y/N)'s chest, listening to the impossibly quiet heartbeat that was fading very quickly. "I cannot loose her." He stated simply, looking to his company as tears filled his bright blue eyes. "What will I do without her?"

***

From his vantage point, Thranduil had watched the whole heartbreaking scene unfold. He himself had never witnessed the magic of the mage and it had been incredible thing to see, it had even strangely excited him. The elf had heard whispers of such things from his father Oropher, but he was never able to imagine seeing such magic with his own eyes. The elven king had indeed felt there was something more to the female when he had captured the company of Thorin Oakenshield in Mirkwood, but he could never have imagined that she possessed such a power.

The elf watched on as Thorin ran to his wife, who had now collapsed harshly on the ice as her new husbands shouts of concern rang out across the land. Thranduil felt a pang of the dwarfs pain, the grief in his tones stirring the memories of fact that he has also lost his wife many moons ago. Had it not been for his son Legolas, the elven king would have left for Valinor as soon as he knew that Elerrian had been taken from him.

A swift movement from below pulled Thranduil out of his depressing thoughts, as one of the Durin princes ran forwards with a passion in his pace. "She lives..." The elf muttered to himself, amazed that her body could have survive such a feat. He let his eyes linger on the blonde-haired dwarf as he tried to climb up the rock, adrenaline making his ascent sloppy. Without wasting another moment, Thranduil leaped forward and gracefully glided towards the Durin brother, smirking at the dwarf's bemused expression once he realised who was blocking his path.

"Out of my way!!" Fili spoke with speed. "It is an emergency."

"You will not have enough time to gather help, you know that." Thranduil stated, his voice cold.

"I can try." Fili whispered, a flash of stubbornness lighting up his eyes. "And I will." The dwarf got to his feet and rushed forwards to push Thranduil out of the road.

"-Or you could let me past, and I can see what I can do." Thranduil spoke with no emotion but tried to slink himself over the crumbling rock wall with haste and held out an arm to stop him. "She does not have the time."