Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part Seventeen

There was a gentle tapping on the door to (Y/N)s chambers as she was hurriedly getting dressed for the wedding. She instantly panicked as it had not been that long since Thorin had left and once the shock of the situation wore off, the girl only just had enough time to finish putting on the gown that he had given her and then to clip some incredible diamond studs onto her earlobes. "I'm coming, I'm coming. Sorry..." The healer called out but was rather surprised to find Bilbo on the other side of the door as she ripped it open.

"Oh, don't mind me my lady. I was just coming to see how you are." The little Hobbit smiled as (Y/N) gestured for him to come in and sit down on a chair. "I must say I'm looking forward to this evening! Who would have thought; little old me attending a royal dwarven wedding. And as a guest of honour no less! The shire folk would not believe a whisper of it."

"I'm glad you are excited, but I'm quite nervous in all honesty, Bilbo." She looked to her hands as she perched herself on the edge of the bed with a sigh. "It is a rather sudden event."

"Ah, well that was why I thought you might need a little tipple of this-" The halfling spoke with a mischievous smirk spreading across his chubby, rosy cheeks. He reached into a large hidden pocket on the inner of his tweed jacket and pulled out a small ornate bottle of rich elven wine.

"Master Bilbo Baggins!" (Y/N) called out and began to laugh along with him whimsically. "Is that from where I think it is?!"

"I am sure the Mirkwood elves won't miss it! I was going to keep it as a little trinket, but I dare say there would be no occasion that would need a drop of good wine more than a wedding!" Bilbo chuckled and gently poured her a generous amount of the alcohol into a golden goblet that was sitting on the table, handing it to her quickly and motioning for her to take a sip. He himself took a slog straight from the bottle with a hiccup followed by a giggle and then settled himself nicely back onto his seat.

"Are all dwarven weddings so...spontaneous?" (Y/N) asked the hobbit nervously as she swirled the wine in her hand.

"I have only heard the tales of such grand things, so I'm unsure if all happens so quickly-" He laughed but could sense that the healer was very apprehensive. "-But what I do know is that Thorin Oakenshield loves you with all of his heart. And I also know that you love him more than there are stars in the night sky! What would be the point in wasting any more precious time? Too many folks don't get such a chance." Bilbo soothed and shuffled over to hold her soft hand in his own.

(Y/N) flashed him a small but telling smile and ruffled his curly hair in appreciation.

"What is it that really bothers you (Y/N)?" Bilbo then asked knowingly, looking into her sparkling eyes as some fresh tears threatened to spill over her long lashes.

"Bilbo, I am no queen." The healer paused solemnly and walked to her dressing table to gaze at herself in the mirror. "Thorin has such great things ahead of him. What if I would only hold him back? What if I ruin everything for him?" She sighed deeply and put her hands over her face.

"You know, you are quite right. You are not made to be a queen as you do not have it in your heart to be so brutal or demanding. And Thorin knows this too; which is why he is marrying you! He does not want a woman who would sit around, shouting orders, upsetting people and caring only for themselves. He wants a beautiful lady who is filled with a gentle soul, who will stand by his side and love him for who he is. Thorin needs a companion, not a queen. And that, my dear, is why you are his love. It is why he wishes to spend the rest of his days with you." Bilbo gestured in the air with a small fluttering hand.

By now the woman was crying freely and quickly grabbed to gulp down more of the stolen wine. "Thank you, Master Baggins." She crouched to her knees and pulled him to her for a hug. "Thank you for everything."