Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part Nine

The wooden barrels eventually rolled their way into the shoreline of a modest, stony beach a few miles down the course of the choppy river. Dwarves tumbled out onto the rough sand, gasping for breath and chuckling in the face of their newly found freedom. Many of them took a moment to lay down upon the flat surface of the surrounding rocks, savouring the notion of not having to move for a short while. Others stood with their hands on their hips, doubled over from a bad bout of sea-sickness. "We made it." breathed Bilbo, beaming as he helped to drag Bombur from his severely shattered vessel. "I do not know how we managed to, but we made it."

"It is all thanks to you, Master Burglar!" laughed Thorin, who was crouching down to help (Y/N) out of water before the weight of her dress became too much. "-I can not thank you enough for what you have done."

"Not at all!-" The hobbit raised a hand to silence the king's demonstrations of an award. "-Any of us would have done the same." And with that Bilbo began to take off his tweed jacket and attempted to wring it dry.

"The question is-" said Balin, being somewhat of a killjoy and dampening the joyous mood with his irritated tone. "-What is it that we are to do now?! We have no weapons or supplies. The elves have taken everything from us."

Thorin looked around at his company and grimaced. They were all soaked through and it seemed like they could do with a good nights rest before going a single footstep further. The sky above them was now a burning shade of vivid vermilion, the setting sun nestling down in between the sharp hills in the distance. This meant that there would only be perhaps an hour of light left at the very most. The dwarf glanced on to see that surrounding the compact coastline was dense, heavy forest and patches of thick trees. It would not be the safest place to spend the night, but it would be somewhere that his men could try to get warm and dry. It would also give them the opportunity of cover if Thranduil had indeed begun the search for his escapees.

"We will have to venture into the woods. Once we make some distance between us and the river we will find for somewhere to settle for a while-" Thorin called out before starting to pace forwards towards the shadows of the nearest branch canopy. "-Then at dawn we will keep moving west. Boats and barges used to pass the river all the time to trade, we might be able to find some help of sorts." 

The atmosphere inside the fell held nothing of the dread that Mirkwood had caused them to feel. They relaxed as they walked in the soft heated wind, feeling instantly at home as many of them chatted and laughed about the events that had taken place. Balin and Gloin made everyone chuckle with their harsh impersonations of the King Thranduil, and Bofur began to concoct theories of how angry he will be to discover they had all escaped right under his nose. "I've heard of his wrath mind you, I wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall in that throne room tonight!"

Thorin had drawn back from the others and was whispering with Dwalin about the next plan of action when he spotted (Y/N) walking alone up ahead. Her cotton robe of emerald green clung to every curve of her shapely body, his eyes hungrily lingered upon her rounded hips as she manoeuvred herself through a patch of knotted roots. Her hair had dried off rather quickly, causing her curls to sit wildly around the delicateness of her svelte shoulders before tumbling down onto her back. The dwarf smiled to himself and glanced back down to the forest floor, attempting to reel himself back into his important conversation.

"You need to go and speak to her, lad." grinned Dwalin, following the kings stare to realise that Thorin had not been paying the slightest bit of attention to his advice. "Your reunion back in the castle seemed pretty sparse if you ask me." 

"I don't know what to say, I feel like I let her down...I let us all down."The king disapproved with a gentle tone so that only the warrior could hear him.