Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part TwentyFour

1 year later.

It had taken the dwarves of the Blue Mountains little more than a few months to cut ties and settle off the debts of their temporary lives with the men of the west. Some were a little sad to leave the comfort of their new homes, but most were joyous at the prospect of taking back their legacy and looked forward to restarting their lives in the golden halls of Erebor. Thorin had sent fleets of ships, that had been loaned to him from the elven king Thranduil, over to the west waters to make it a smooth trip across the oceans for Durins folk. They arrived several months later in the tail-end of a harsh winter and the first of the ornate vessels that had arrived in Lake Town held expert dwarven workers and tradesmen, all needing to lend their hands to the task of re-building their home, a task that would indeed take many years to come. Slowly but surely the stone halls of the hidden kingdom filled with the patter of footsteps and the laughs and cheers of the underground society, sighing life back into the once abandoned homes and chambers.

Several months had since past after the arrivals and the air was thick with the heat of an early summers day, when (Y/N) had slowly made her way to one of the many herb gardens. A basket sat in one hand holding tools and empty bottles, while the other was linked loosely in the arm of her sister-in-law, Princess Dis. The pair had instantly hit it off as soon as Dis had returned to the lands, and she had came to find the new queen in her chambers, pulling her into a deep hug with a grinning Thorin stood behind them.

"You are far more beautiful than my brother gave you credit for!" The princess had laughed, holding her at arms length so that she could study (Y/N) further. "How have you managed this Thorin??" Dis chuckled merrily. From that day forward the two royal women had managed to spend most of their hours together and had taken to seeking the solace to talk in the gardens below the halls, showing each other rare herbs and old recipes while talking of each others lives. On this occasion however, the kings sister had sat (Y/N) down on a bench and insisted that she did not move and take thing very easy.

"But you know I could help, Dis. I can easily reach to those wildflower seeds!" The queen protested with a mocking pout and placed her hands on her hips.

Dis raised an eyebrow to her and shook her head, laughing sweetly. "Not likely! Thorin would have me killed me if he found out that you had even lifted a finger in your condition! You sit yourself back down or I will have to tell him you are becoming...difficult." The princess teased with a grin.

(Y/N) smiled to herself and placed a soft hand on her heavily swollen stomach where a harsh kick had just radiated across her skin. "Thorin worries too much for me, for both of us." Her sister-in-law sat down by her for a moment, gently squeezing the woman on her shoulder.

"Are you afraid?" Dis asked. "For the birth?"

"I would be lying if I said I was not. But I trust in the healers that the king has picked out and having you there will be reassuring." (Y/N) glanced into the air and looked at the large glass dome as bright rays of sunlight that was drifting down softly.

Dis smiled and stood to her feet, taking her own wicker basket in her hands and picking out a sharp knife. "Do not fret. We will be by your side every step of the way. Now, I must finish gathering, it wont take too long. The healers say you are to give birth any day now! The potion I am making should help to ease the delivery a little, and I dare say will need a few bottles." Dis continued her work, chatting about nonsense to try while attempting to sooth the anxious queen. The princess did not notice that (Y/N) had started to squirm and wriggle uncomfortably from the dull ache in that was throbbing its way through her tummy.