Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part Six

"What is this?" Thranduil asked of Legolas, his voice as harmonious as the smoothest silk. The elven king was placed above them all on a magnificent throne made from sturdy tree roots entwined with ornate stag antlers and luxurious leaves. His lengthy silver-blonde hair cascaded down his back like a waterfall and the deep tones of his purple gown paled his flawless, milky complexion. He looked magnificent. 

Thranduil scanned the line of dwarves that stood before him when his eyes fell upon Thorin, an excited smirk spreading across his porcelain face.

"We found them wandering in the forest while we did the patrol, Ada. We bound them and brought them straight here-" The elf prince paused for a moment. "They do not seem like the usual thuggish rebels that try their luck in Mirkwood."

"Oh, but they are not!" Exclaimed Thranduil so that everyone could hear, gliding down the short set of steps to reach his son. "We have the honour of being in the presence of the next in line to the throne of Erebor. The King under the Mountain! This just so happens to be Thorin Oakenshield, son of Thrain, son of Thror." The elf king teased, cocking his head to one side to get a better look at the dwarf. Thorin seemed gauzy since the last time the pair had met, but still held an air of determination and resolve. Legolas and his father were very alike in looks, in fact, they mirrored each other perfectly. The pair of them both had magnificently clear blue eyes, bright and endearing. The hair on their head was exactly the same in shade and length and they stood with the exact same strong and powerful stature. However, they were not so alike in nature and attitude. Thranduil had become withdrawn and aloof over the centuries, using his power as king to be the excuse for his harshness. His son, on the other hand, was gentle and caring, taking pleasure from dismissing unnecessary conflict or argument. Legolas seemed almost embarrassed that he had dealt with such a legendary figure so roughly, glancing at the company with a look of apology.

"Now-" Thranduil felt himself mosey over towards the group, noting that they all looked rather worn and spent. "-Let me ask why would you and your entourage are to be travelling in my kingdom without permission?"

Thorin glared savagely at the elf but remained silent whilst hoping the others would follow his lead.

"Oh come now! Do not play these silly games with me Thorin Oakenshield-" Thranduil hissed with slight annoyance. "- But let me venture a guess, hmm? You wish to seek something inside a certain mountain. Perhaps something that would bestow upon you the right to rule. Am I correct?" The elf smirked slyly, now staring at him intensely.

Thorin answered by allowing his attention to wander to the floor. He was not sure of how to react. He felt the anger bubbling inside of his stomach, wanting nothing more than to cut the bastard in half with a swift swing of a sword. Then he remembered that none of the crew had any weapons and starting a fight now would only lead them straight into the grime of the Mirkwood dungeons, locked away without a chance of escape.

"Legolas, in which direction were this company travelling?" The Elf king turned to his son for a brief moment before focusing on Thorin once again, not wanting to miss a moment of his uncomfortable predicament.

"Through the forest, Ada. Towards the river."

"Ah-" Thranduil sighed contently, crouching down to peer into the eyes of the dwarf. "-Well, I cannot imagine the great Thorin Oakenshield travelling all this way from the blue mountains to simply spend a holiday in the crumbling ruins of Dale. Or is it Lake Town that you wish to visit?" He was suddenly enjoying his little game with the king under the mountain, watching as his anger danced across his features. "-Or perhaps you wish to venture further afield? I cannot quite remember what lays further on, please enlighten me."

Thorin looked to his company once again to see that they all wore looks of stubbornness and narrowed their eyes to glare at the pompous elf. The sight of it made his heart swell with pride, and he found himself almost grinning until he found himself glancing upon (Y/N). She was still bundled next to Fili in line and had since had her hood vigorously removed. The girl also still kept her eyes on the floor, fragile tear drops splattering around her feet as she shook with fear. Thorin suddenly felt incredibly ashamed of himself, allowing her to be in such a situation as this. She should not be here. 

Thranduil had noticed Thorin's lingering interest in the female but continued on. "But wait, of course! I realise that the lonely mountain is ahead. Oh Thorin, I will take it that you have also heard the whispers regarding Erebor and the treasure that sits within." Thranduil was now pacing in front of them all, deep in thought. "A situation has arisen here. I am sure you are aware that there are things inside that mountain that, I too, desire."

Thorin fiddled with the notion of negotiations with the elf king, wanting nothing more than to get (Y/N) out of these halls and safely in his arms. "I am listening."

"Good! Good." Thranduil smirked, moving to stand in front of (Y/N) as he tried to assert his dominance. "Give me what is mine, by right. The jewels of my kin. Do this and I will let you go, to continue on your quest. All I need to hear is a promise that you will return the white gems of Lasgalen. A promise, from one king to another." The elf then laid a gentle hand on the woman's shoulder.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER!" Thorin roared, his tone bouncing off the walls and causing the ground beneath their feet to tremble. "How dare you! You speak to me as if I would honour any word of yours. You have no honour! You left your allies and friends to die when the beast Smaug attacked Erebor. My people lost EVERYTHING. May you die in dragon fire!!"

For a moment, Thranduil seemed to be concerned, perhaps even fearful of the angry king. But as the remanence of Thorin's shouts reached his delicate ears, the elf raced towards the dwarf hissing with anger and his gown whipping around his feet wildly.

"Do not talk to me of dragon fire! I know of it's wrath and ruin. I have faced the great serpents of the North-" Thranduil was now stood inches from the dwarf king's face, spitting harshly as he spoke. The skin underneath his serene elven features suddenly began to bubble and boil, paving the way for veins of bright blue to pop as deep scars and scratches were revealed under his previously flawless skin. The company gasped in disbelief, marvelling at such a supernatural sight. "-I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon, but he would not listen. Stay here if you will, and rot-" Thranduil now whirred away from them out of concealed embarrassment and smoothly climbed back up the steps to his throne, his face now back to its forgoing beauty. "-A hundred years is a mere blink in a life of an Elf. I'm patient. I can wait."

The elven king waved a hand whimsically for his guards to step forward, a corrupt smirk painting his plump lips. "Take them to the dungeons. That is, all but the girl."

Thorin felt his eyes widen in terror and stared hard at (Y/N), who had gone a whiter shade of pale. He honestly thought for a moment that she might vomit onto the floor. He tried in vain to shake off the surrounding guards, flinging himself wildly to try and get closer to his lover.

"If I cannot have what is precious to me, then I shall take all that is precious to you. She will be returned to you once I get what I want." Thranduil chortled succinctly, letting the guards drag the company away as they protested their anger and vivid frustration. "Get them out of my sight."

It was now that (Y/N) risked looking at her leader, who wore an expression of pure broken-hearted melancholy. He shook his head at her before struggling with the elves who had picked him up by the arms and were trying to take him away. "I love you-" Thorin spoke softly to her in Khuzdûl, tears threatening to spill out of his sparkling eyes while attempting to stay calm and composed. "-I will save you. Stay strong for me." 

The healer gave him a slight nod of her head and wiped at the heavy flow of her tears before flashing him the smallest of smiles. "I love you too."

***