Chapter Two

-2-

                “Hey Niall, what’s up?”Liam Payne asked as he walked into his friends flat. Niall was sitting on his couch flipping through channels. “Are you alright?”Liam asked noticing Niall didn’t look exactly ok. “Do you remember that girl I used to talk about? Riley Bennet?” Niall asked not looking away from the telly as Liam sat down next to him. “Yeah. The one that you used to get in fights with all the time.” Liam nodded. “What about her?” He asked confused. “I ran into her today.” Niall spoke as he shut his television off. “And?” Liam asked looking at his friend. “She’s here for school. I tried to get her to meet up with me sometime. You know to catch up, but she wouldn’t have it.” Niall sighed. “Well do you blame her? You guys used to fight like cat and dog.” Liam noted. “You have a good point but still.” Niall sighed remembering one of his and Riley’s many banters.

~

                “Hey look Riley, there’s Niall and Sean.” Maya Pritchard pointed out to her friend. “Who cares let’s avoid them.” Riley rolled her eyes setting her skateboard down so she could leave as soon as possible. “Hey Bennet! Going home to play with your dolls?” Niall called from across the park with a laugh. “No, going home to get my baseball bat so I can pound your face in.” She called back. “Now why would you wanna do that?”He asked walking up to her. “I think you know exactly why I’d want to do that.” She rolled her eyes. “I mean I wouldn’t want to do that to a guy who got you Script tickets for your sixteenth birthday, would you Sean?” Niall asked. “Got me what tickets?” Riley asked her eyes bugging out. “Here.”He handed her an envelope. She opened it quickly letting the envelope fall to the ground as she held the four tickets in her hand. “You guys are coming with right?” She asked looking at her small group of friends. “Well, I mean I did buy them.” Niall rolled his eyes. She smacked him across the back of his head. “I don’t have to take you.”She warned him. “But you will anyway.” He pointed out with a cocky grin.

~

                They had a weird friendship. They hated each other but they knew more about each other than anybody else. They couldn’t stand each other but it was weird if they were apart. Maya and Sean used to tease the two about it all the time but it was just how they worked. They fought all the time but were still the best of friends. They had too much in common not to be. “Yeah we used to fight all the time, but we were still really good friends.” Niall commented returning to his conversation with Liam. “Maybe she just wasn’t up to it then?”Liam shrugged. “Maybe.” Niall sighed not believing it. “Hey how about we go out tonight to get your mind off of it? I’ll pay.” Liam suggested. “Sounds good, but I’ll pay for myself.” Niall said giving Liam a look that showed he meant it. “Alright. Be ready by eight. I’ll be back later.” Liam spoke as he stood up from the couch. Niall nodded and Liam took that as his cue to leave.