Chapter Three

-3-

So don't roll up when they're playing my song. Don't act right when you know you're dead wrong .You're out of line, out of line goodnight .I'm undercover, you can drop that bomb .It's a little too late cause I'm already gone .I'm already gone. Honestly you did it to yourself .So don't blame me

The club vibrated as the music blasted and sweaty bodies danced too close for comfort holding their drinks above their heads not really caring if it spilt or not. “Now this is what I’m talking about.” Riley smiled to her flat mate Becca as she took a sip from her beer. “Let’s just go crazy.” Becca laughed dragging her friend to the middle of the dance floor as they started grinding on each other. “So do you do this often?” Riley shouted over the music. “What? Go clubbing?” Becca shouted back. Riley nodded and Becca laughed in her loud laugh. “Of course I do!” She shouted cheering as she took a large swallow of her beer. “It’s not fun if it’s not a party!” She laughed again dancing like girls gone wild.

~

“A club? Are you sure Liam?” Niall asked as they pulled up. Liam wasn’t usually one for clubbing. “It’ll be fun. Take our minds off everything.”He shrugged walking up to security, who nodded and let the boys through. Liam maneuvered through the crowds of people with Niall following close behind as they walked up to the bar and ordered their drinks. Niall took a swallow of his beer and sighed looking out into the crowd of people dancing.  That’s when he noticed a familiar face dancing with a red headed girl. “Liam.”Niall shouted over the music. “It’s Riley.” He nodded towards the girl once he got his friend’s attention. “Go talk to her!”Liam encouraged. Niall nodded and sighed standing up straight and walking over to her.

“Fancy seeing you here.”He shouted over the music. “Niall? Are you stalking me?”She asked taking a swig of her drink. “How do I know you’re not stalking me?”He asked with a confident grin that contradicted his nerves.  Her friend giggled. “I’ll leave you two alone.”She winked before walking away to dance with some random guy.  “Why are you here?”She asked looking up at him noticing his obvious height growth. “Need to relax, you?” She nodded. “Same.”

“See that guy over there?”Niall asked nodded towards a random guy who was leaned up against the wall. Riley nodded. “I bet you he’s going to ask her to dance by the end of the night.”Niall joked nodded towards a bottle blonde dancing with her other blonde friends. “Nahh, he’ll ask her to dance.” Riley rolled her eyes pointing to one of the first blonde’s friends. Niall raised his eyebrows. “How bout this if I win you have to have a drink with me and if you win you get to have two drinks with me.” She laughed and shook her head. “How about if I win you stop stalking me?” He rolled his eyes but agreed none the less. “Deal.” And so they made their ways to some stools to watch their bet take place.

~

“NO!” Riley shouted as the guy walked over to Niall’s blonde. He laughed hysterically as she complained. “Looks like I’m going to buy us both another beer.”Niall winked. “Don’t run away now or you’ll just owe it to me later.” She rolled her eyes at him but stayed in her place as he walked over to the bar coming back as quick as possible with two beers in his hand. He handed her one and sat back down. “So tell me, what are you doing at LCM?” He asked curious. “I want to produce music. That’s all I want.”She smiled and he remembered her three computer monitors in her room that were all stocked full of DJ software and the keyboard that sat next to her computer. “You still DJ?”He asked and she nodded. “It’s only my life Niall.” He laughed at her serious face. “What?” She asked confused. “Nothing, it’s just the way you said that.”

“Well it is. Like One Direction is your life, this is mine.” He nodded. “Yeah I understand. It’s just a passion.” She sighed taking a swig from her bottle. “So how’s that going anyway? One Direction? The whole singing thing?” She asked looking out at the dance floor as she rested her elbows on the table they sat at. “Great. Better than imagined. The fans are the weirdest people ever but we love them.” He smiled looking at the side of her face. “That’s great Niall.” She smiled looking at him again taking another drink. “How’s your mum?” He asked suddenly remembering she had always been sick anytime he had ever seen her. “She passed away about a year ago.” Riley said looking at the ground. “I’m sorry, I..”

“Don’t worry about Niall. It’s better this way. At least she’s not in pain anymore.” Riley sighed chugging the rest of her beer. “I’ll take you up on that second drink offer now?”She said with a smile trying to lighten the mood.