Prologue

Estelle

"Estelle, your over reacting."

"No! You're over reacting, mom. You barely know this guy, and he's human!" I yell.

"He's my mate, Estelle, and I can't just let him go!"

"Yet, you let my father go." I mutter.

I start to walk away and I can hear my mom call my name and of all honesty I wish she'd leave me the hell alone. I don't understand why something so simple can be so misunderstood.

"Estelle, you do not ignore me!" She grabs my arm a little too rough for my liking. "I loved your father, Estelle, but he was not a good man and I wouldn't continue to let him stay."

"The man your marrying, does he even know what we are?" I ask.

"Yes, he does."

"Then don't you think it's weird he's marrying you? Not to forget, Tom has a asshole of a son, that's a huge jerk." I try to appeal to her sympathy, for her to feel something for her daughter but of course that doesn't work.

"His son is a werewolf."

"And that's the only reason why he's marrying you? Because his son's a werewolf. If his son wasn't one do you think he'd want anything to do with you? Like at all?"

"You're fourteen, Estelle, you wouldn't understand." I can tell she's pretty much over it, the idea of Tom not wanting her seemed to have crossed some sort of line, her silence is just as threatening as her growl.

I could hear the house front door open and close and a rooting howl of some kind finds it's way into the kitchen. "Hey, Estelle." Tom says soft spoken.

"Hi, Tom." I hardly whisper.

That's when James came in already going through the refrigerated. "Hey, Essy." He smiled.

I grab my Blue Frosted Gatorade off the counter. "Do not call me that." I growl.

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I resist the urge to roll my eyes as I head for my room.

I'm Estelle West, and man do I have one complex and confusing story for you.

---->

A/N:

You might want to stick around for chapter 1. No one stays fourteen forever.

2 years later ---->