19. Camera

(Another media picture of Jake)

Original Published Date: 11 December 2015

-edited-

Estelle

I didn't understand. Why do I have to be kidnapped, James and I aren't even on talking terms. I went to sleep pondering on that thought.

Taylor

Aaron had got called by our Alpha, something about him hurting Danielles feelings a while ago.

So what's better than spending time with your best friend when you're free? Nothing.

I decide to walk mainly because my car is in the shop.

I ring her doorbell, but there wasn't a answer. She's probably sleeping, so I decided to get the spare key that's hidden in the dirt of the flower pot. I walk in the house, and see that the Netflix was on, but no Estelle.

There's a half bowl of popcorn, and I decide to steal some. I put them in my mouth and immediately spit it out. "Really Estelle, stale popcorn?" I look around but the only voice I could hear is mine. "Estelle?" I start walking around and I notice her liquid bowl of ice cream... completely melted.

Somethings wrong, I think to myself. I look at what she was watching, Remember Me, it was asking to go back or replay. Estelle always pause her movie when she's leaving. I feel her Xbox and it was hot, it must've been on all night and all, but why?

"Estelle this isn't funny!" I yell, as worry swallowed me.

I pull out my phone and decide to call James. "Hey, Jay, you've seen Estelle?" I ask.

"No, not since yesterday. Wassup?" He says as his voice crackled through the phone.

"Uh, Estelle isn't home. There's melted ice cream, stale popcorn, and her Xbox is over heating. She was watching, Remember Me, and she always watches that movie when she's depressed or sad but when I click over to recently watched, all I see is Remember Me."

"Is her car out front?" He asks. I walk to the window by the door, but her car was out there.

"Yes."

"She probably just went on a run."

"No, when Estelles goes on a run she leaves her back door cracked, because it locks automatically sometimes, it's closed all the way." 

"Well she's not over here. Maybe she's at Danielles place, she could've picked her up for all we know... right?" He started to sound worried, hopeful and scared.

He ended up making a group call by calling Ethan. "What the hell do you want James? Danielle and I are kind of busy." Ethan growled.

"So, Estelles not over there?" James asked.

"No! The last time I've seen her was when Danielle and I left yesterday." There was crackling in the phone, and I heard a angry sigh.

"Where ever the hell Estelle is, I'm pretty sure she's fine. Now, GOODBYE!" Danielle yelled, and then hung up.

"Well, she's not over there." I tell him.

"I'm on my way." Then he hung up the phone.

About five minutes later I heard a banging on the door. "Come on in. Is there anything you know about here, that I don't?" I ask him desperately.

"There's a couple nanny cams around here." He walked over to a Will You Be My Valentine, bear. He pulled it's eye out, which happened to be a flash drive. He grabbed a laptop from a cereal box, and I look at him crazy. "Who would steal a cereal box?" He asks, and I thought that was pretty smart... so he didn't think of that idea.

I watched over his shoulder, as he clicked on footage. He scrolled and clicked on last night.

"They claim that she cut her own hair." It was the movie... the part where the girls cut her hair at the sleepover.

There was a tapping sound on the back door and Estelle paused the movie and opened the back door, but closed it and double locked it and started watching her movie again. About maybe fifteen minutes later her car alarm goes off.

"What the hell?" She says.

She gets up and disappears from the camera. Maybe fifteen minutes later a different girl came in and pressed play on the movie, then left. "Janel?" James says in a whisper.

"You know her?" I ask.

He clicks the red 'x' ignoring my question. Then he clicks drive way camera.

She walked out back and turned the car off. As she walked back to the house there was a guy following her.

She suddenly stopped. She turned around but he was so fast that he got in front of her and she looked so surprised and kind of scared. "Hey, princess." He smiled and quickly wrapped his arm around her. She struggled, and but he placed a white cloth over her face. "Breathe princess, this'll make my job a lot easier."  Only seconds later, she was limp and he was dragging her away.

"James!" I gasp as I cover my mouth.

"Jake and Janel... they're my brother and sister... this is there way of telling me to come home."

"I thought you were a only child."

"I've been lying. So has my dad. But now's not the to explain this."

"Then when is?"

"On the road ... on the way to find my mate."