7. Fixed

(Media picture of Kyle)

Original Published Date: 10 November 2015

-edited-

James

"Shut up, Kyle."

"I'm just saying, she has another brother and obviously she likes him more than you, so... snip snip." He made his fingers into a pair of scissors and cut circle around me and pretended to drop it in the garbage.

"Ah, gee, thanks for being a great friend Kyle, I knew we were friends for a reason." I said sarcastically, then I thought about it. "Why am I friends with you?"

"You shouldn't be friends with Victor because he'll stab you in the back, but you're friends with me because you think I'm rea-" The vibration on his phone against the marble table interrupted him.

"Check it." I say nonchalantly.

"Ah, shut up. Its just my wild news app." He locked the screen on his phone.

"Wild news?" I ask.

"Ya, the app the gives you a notification when something wild happens. I guess somethin wild happened." Kyle always had a country accent and sounded real stupid when he tried to sound real smart.

"What was the news?" I ask.

He grabbed his phone and started reading. "High schoolers bus accident. When a eighteen wheeler drove passed a stoplight and crashed right into bus 126 almost knocking them off Windridge Bridge. This particu-"

"Wait! Did you say bus 126!?" I yell.

"Ya, the hell wrong with you?"

"Estelle rides bus 126!"

Kyle gave me a knowingly look, then it disappeared. "Oh Estelle... who's Estelle?"

I ignored him and grabbed my keys and jacket, and started towards Windridge Bridge.

Aaron

"Ah, damn, that sucks ass, this is why I have a car." Danielle smiled. "So what happened with you and the rainbow sunshine?"

"Wait, what sucks ass?" I ask.

"Oh, uh, a bus and eighteen wheeler got in a car or truck accident. Four kids dead... that's why I have a car." She sipped her smoothie and pointed her straw to me for if I wanted some.

"What bus?" I ask.

She tilted it side ways and read it some more. "Uh, 1-2-6. 126, poor souls. Thirteen critically injured."

"Danielle!"

"What!? Do I have a pimple?"

"No! Estelle rides bus 126." I say alerted.

"Then let's hope she was one of the dead ones, she was kind of a waste of life."

"No! She's in your pack, and she's-"

"Your ex-girlfriend."

"But death, isn't the answer. Hopefully for you, though." I get off my stool and take my car keys.

"Whatever Aaron, I can have any guy I want. I'm extremely loveable!" She yells.

I try to keep walking, but I have to beat her in her own game. "The 'guys' don't like whores unless they're horny, and the only reason guys date you is because of the power they could have if they married you. That's why you can get any guy you want." That's when I make my dramatic exit, I guess some of Estelle's negative attitude rubbed off on me.

"Well! You're a... asshole?" I shook my head and walked through the doors of Starbucks. "I'm telling my daddy." Then suddenly remembering, she's the Alphas baby girl I know I'm going to have a major consequence.

James

"Sir, you can't cross the yellow tape!" The firefighter kept yelling to me.

"My sister is in there!" I yell.

"And we can try and get her out, but you have to stay behind the yellow tape, sir, and right now they need as much help as they can get right now!"

"Sir do you have a family?" I ask urgently.

"Yes, a wife, two boys and a daughter." He says waving his hand for me to continue.

"What if your wife was in that bus, you were off duty and there was firefighters telling you not to cross the yellow tape. Tell me, would you stay behind the yellow tape or will you help your wife!" He looked back and fourth between me and the bus.

"C'mon kid, there can be something you can do." I duck under the yellow tape and start following him when I heard my name being called.

"Aaron? Shouldn't you be on that bus?" I ask.

"It's a long story!"

"Stay there, I know what a long story is!"

I saw the helicopter swoop lower so that the guys can get in. "What are y'all doing!?" I asked.

"What's your name kid?" The guy asked.

"James."

"Well, James, I'm Criag and we're having people get in carefully and take them out." Craig explained.

"That is so dumb, honestly. Y'all are making this a lot more complicated than what it needs to be, why? I have no clue." I run my fingers through my hair and tugged on it.

"And how's that, James?"

"First of all; maybe the back four seats are hanging off the bridge. Second of all; take two trucks and attach them to the front of the bus, put the truck in drive and they can pull the bus back on and you can get everyone out quick and safe." I was getting really aggravated.

"You know boy, that's not a bad idea. Imma get my guys on it real quick. You can go talk to your friend." He pointed at Aaron, who was looking down the water trying to keep his cool.

"So what's your break up story?" I ask Aaron.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Aaron asks, I nod my head debating whether I want to know or not. "I found my mate, and she doesn't know it yet and her birthdays coming up real soon, that's how I can tell so easily, but right now she hates me and I don't know why? I needed to find the perfect opportunity to break up with Estelle, and Ethan gave it to me." He sighed.

"So, who's your mate?" I ask.

He let out a deep breath and smiled, "Taylor."