16. A Challenge

(Another media picture of Danielle)

Original Published Date: 04 December 2015

-edited-

Estelle

3 Days later

James had drove me home, but I stayed in the back seat. There was nothing to talk about. I don't want to be his mate, but I didn't want to reject him either.

In those three days, we haven't spoken or texted. He hasn't come over, he just stayed at his house. Even Taylor is mad at me... along with Aaron, Victor, Kyle, Ethan and even Danielle. I also forgot to mention, Danielle didn't care the Ethan was related to me or that we'd become family, she was just happy she found her mate. She's not the whore I ever thought she was, she was just searching for love, and couldn't wait until she found it.

Why am I not okay with this? Why does everyone handle their life with ease, and I cant? Everyone around me are mated and happy, my best friend, brothers and my mom! What is so screwed up about me that I won't accept James.

'You're too scared.'  My wolf said answered for me. She's mad me to.

Shut up, Eva, I have enough things to deal with.

'Then put James and Jax on top!' Jax is James wolf, she yelled in my head, causing my brain to throb.

I'm too weak.

'Tell me something I don't know. Just telling you this, Estelle, the longer you try and keep your distance the stronger the bond will get, then the next time you see him... well, guess you'll find out.' She immediately cut the link with me. I can add my wolf to the list of people or living things that are mad at me.

I decide to go on a run considering I haven't been out the house since James dropped me off and went home. I put on a sports bra and jogging pants, not trusting my wolf to be in control.

The sound of natures wilderness fill my ears as the wind pushes the smell in my nose.

I jump off the back porch steps, as my feet connect to the wet soil, for the first time in what feels like forever. At straight contact I'm running, as the breeze makes my sweat reverse and the wind whistles past my ears. This is what it feels like to be out, this is what it's like to be free.

I finally stop to take a breather. I just take in the beauty of the sky, that vibrant green, yellow and blue that radiates from the sky.

I hear panting and turn around.

The one day I go outside, I just happen to see James.

I'm not noticed, not yet.

As soon as I take a step my feet betray me, and I step on a dry leaf that crunches under the small twig that had also snapped. My eyes lift up and they meet James.

I walk towards him and stop when I immediately realize he shirtless and I'm wearing a sports bra. I look up, he's so close, I could just kiss him.

His hands land firmly on my sides and pulls me closely as my lips came into contact with his. I kiss him back, and this is the most amazing thing in the world. His touch, his tongue, him. It left a wonderful sensation that I can't find myself to get enough of, something that I needed to keep living.

I feel my feet coming off the air, and I wrap legs around his waist, as I come in immediate contact with the bark of a tree. He pulls back and looks at me and his eyes are glazed over with lust.