25. The Hunter Part 1

(Media picture of Nick)

Original Published Date: 18 January 2016

CapturedYourVictory won this chapter and probably the next three maybe less than that because you only can fit a big part in a small chapter, The Hunter Part 1

-edited-

Nick

I was nine years old, nine when my mom disowned me for seeing something i'd never forget.

When I was nine I went on a camping trip with my uncle, but late at night I really had to use the bathroom, so I found a giant oak tree. But I got side tracked at the sight of two guys laughing and talking. I peeked from behind the tree. Something howled in the distance and they weren't startled like I was, but they seemed to understand that howl. That's when they shifted, into these massive beasts. Shock took a toll on me I didn't move until they were out of sight. Everyone tried to convince me that it was just one bad dream, but I know what I saw.

But the big day started when a bus wreck happened in Gillian City.

***

My mom is sick. More like on edge of death, sick.

Out of know where fire trucks and police sirens filled the sky. I followed them to what all the commotion was about. But when I arrived some guy was yelling at a firefighter. But out of all the other people arguing with the enforcement this guy just seemed so appealing, and I'm not gay.

"Sir do you have a family?" He asked impatient.

The guy grunted. "Yes, a wife, two boys and a daughter." He moved his hand to continue talking.

"What if your wife was in that bus, you were off duty and there was firefighters telling you not to cross the yellow tape. Tell me, would you stay behind the yellow tape!" The fire guy looked between the yellow and tape and the bus.

"C'mon kid, there can be something you can do."

He ducked under the tape and they started talking.

Then some kid was yelling James and he turned around.

"Aaron? Shouldn't you be on the bus?" He asked him.

"Long story." He says.

"Stay there, I know what a long story is!"

Eventually the James guy saved the kids who still had a chance of survival. Something seemed supernatural about him and that Aaron guy, but I left and went to the hospital.

"Hey mom."

"Hey, Nicholas."

"Has Allie stopped by?" I ask her.

"I haven't seen Allie in twenty years and the last I've heard from her was three years ago when she sent me a post card saying she's getting married and I'm not invited to the wedding and little recorder with her saying 'im getting married bitch' I wonder what happened to my little angel." I actually kind of feel bad because in those same twenty years I've been chasing after that same creature I saw when I was nine. "You're not still chasing after the stupid mythical werewolves are you, you need a life. Maybe a wife and kids."

"I know they're out there. They live amongst us, I will show you they exist."

"But they don't Nicholas!" She yelled and started coughing.

"Ma, take it easy."

"I can't when my son still needs psychological help. They let you out cause you proved to them you're sane. You need to go back, Nicholas, you need help."

"I don't need help!" I yelled. "They're real! I've seen them! No one can tell me any different!" 

The door knob rattled and a nurse came in. "Sir you need to leave."  I look at my mother when I see her face was just scared, horror written all over. "Now! Before I call security."

"Mom, I won't disappoint you." I whisper.

I stand in the doorway when her final words to me were. "You already have."

The nurse closed the door behind me.

I was walking to the front desk where I have to sign out. But the nurses behind the counter was laughing. "Yessir?" One of them said trying to stop laughing.

"I jus need to sign out." I inform them.

"Oh, that young boy has it right now." She pointed to the same guy from earlier that yelled James.

"Ma'am what's so funny... I can use a laugh." I say giving her a half smile.

"One of the patients, Estelle, said she doesn't need our help because she's a werewolf and she heals quickly." I give them a smirk, but the guy with the sign in and out sheet, wasn't laughing. He was as stiff as stone.

He noticed my gaze. "Oh, here you go." He gave me the paper and clipboard.

Look at his name. Aaron.

I get in my car and pull out my phone to call Allie. "Hey it's Allie don't leave a message at the beep, unless you're my Isaac and I'll call you right back. Don't call again. Bye.

I look in my rearview mirror and see that the Aaron kid talk to some guy.

The other guy got into a car and I slowly followed him to a bar.

I walked in and the place smelled like home, which isn't good by the way.  "Hey, what can I get you?" The girl behind the bar asks.

"A gin and tonic will be fine."

"Ooh, tough night?" She smiles.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Probably not, but I'd love to hear about it, I'm Stacey." She smiled handing me my gin and tonic.

"I'm Nick and I'm a hunter-"

"A hunter, you say. Dan, come over here." The same guy Aaron was talking to started coming my way. "Danny, you won't believe it, another hunter."

"In Gillian city? Why?" Dan asked me.

"My mom was taken to a hospital here."

"What are you hunting?" He asks me.

I clear my throat. "Werewolves."

"Sixth one this week. The others are heading to Frantis City. But what they don't know is that they don't exists."

"No. They do. They're here too. In the hospital, the nurses were laughing because a girl under laughing gas had said she was a werewolf I'm going to hide out here for a while. See if I find something."

"When you do, let us know. 'Cause no one has proven us wrong." Dan says drinking what smelled like tequila.

"Watch. This is only the beginning."