39: Surprise

(Another media picture of Danielle)

Original Published Date: 26 July 2016

-edited-

Estelle

I walk down stairs and Taylor was holding a glass of what seemed to look like Ayala.

"Taylor." I say. She turned and looked at me smiled. "That's mine." I pout.

"Yeah, and you can't drink it for like the next four to five months." She's right, and I hate it when people are right and I'm wrong.

"Ok, its all yours." I say giving her a hug. "I've missed you Taylor." I say.

"I missed you too. But you went through a lot."

"But when I wasn't I was making trouble... what happened?" I ask taking a trip down memory lane.

"Yeah, but then our birthdays came and so did our mates." We laugh. "Who would've guessed, me and Aaron."

"I know right. Remember when you pushed him out the tree house." I say laughing.

"Till this day I still think he deserved it."

"You pushed him out of a 40 feet tall tree house breaking his leg." I confront her.

"He recovered, didn't he?" She joked.

"Yes, I guess." I smirk. "Where is the birthday boy?" I ask.

"Picking up Jacob. Where Ethan and Daniel?" Taylor asks. l

"Right here." Danielle said buttoning up her small shirt. With Ethan right behind her trying to fix his hair.

"How come you two have sex like twenty times a day, and you're not pregnant. But I have sex with James one time and I'm granted with a lovely pregnancy." I say.

"I have no idea." Danielle said flipping her hair. "Remember when we used to be mortal enemies? Now we're sisters-in-law. And Taylor remember when you threw a rock at me and gave me a concussion?"

"Yes, I think that's what made you start acting like a blond." Taylor said sipping her Ayala. 

"You threw a rock at my mate?" Ethan asked.

"Of course, she was a bitch."

"Why'd you do it?" James asks.

"I just told you. She was a bitch." Taylor said in a duh tone.

"Its true I was. I remember once in seventh grade, while Estelle was in the athletics shower I put peanut butter all over her clothes." Danielle laughed, I didn't though, I hated it.

"Oh yeah I remember I called you squirrelly girly for like three months." James said laughing along. As soon as he caught my glare he drank the rest of Taylors wine and walked into the living room.

Danielle looked at Ethan. "We  had lots of nicknames for Essy. Squirrelly girly, Estelle repellent, Strawberry shortcake... funny story, Pesty Essy, Captain Nobody, Pluto, Orangutan, her and Taylor was Powderpuff gir-"

"Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I won't beat your filthy ass." I say getting a little mad.

"Estelle calm down, I was just kidding-"

"'I was just kidding' my ass. If you keep talking Jacob won't be the only person that dies  tonight."

"Excuse you Estelle I am your Luna." She stresses getting mad too.

"You can take the word Luna and shove it right up your ass, with just about anything else. You may be a Luna, but you're not a good one, and you're sure as hell aren't mine." I growl.

She wiped a small tear from her eye.

With that I was satisfied and started walking up the steps.

"I'm going to pretend that you didn't say it and ask you to apologize." She said pretty strong.

"I really don't have anything to apologize for. Those years you and James decided you were going torment me tease with no given reason. Never have you been provoked by me but happened to choose me and put my down everyday. Then out of the blue you bring it up again as if was just something you saw on tv last week? If anyone should be apologizing to anybody, you should be apologizing to me." I was on the brink of shedding a tear because I really hated those years and I wish I could get rid of them for the rest of my life.

She actually looked like she was sad. "I'm sorry for the years I treated you like shit. But this title actually means something to me, Estelle, and I can't believe that even after all my improvement you see me as the flirtatious, cocky and annoying girl I used to be. But I have grown, and I really want you see that."

"I will praise you, when I've seen you grow." I tell her as I go back to James and have him hold me.

"Its sounds fair.. but maturity comes with honesty right, so if your mate was keeping something from you does that give him a pass on how he's yet to have grown, and grown a pair." She wasn't looking at me at this point, she was looking at James and he was slowly shaking his head as a warning.

"Shut up Danielle." He says, and I can feel his body get all tense.

"No, she wants 'growth'." She said putting air quotes around growth. "Every seed that's been planted will always grow, and when it grows above all everyone eventually see him... I mean it." She staring at James the whole time, but it was like she was speaking in code, and James understood every word and felt threatened.

"What are you talking about?" Ethan asks her and I'm just as curious and concerned.

"If you want Ethan to know then you tell him whenever you want to, but let me tell Estelle on my own time.. when I plan to." James growled.

"No, but she wants growth James." She said mocking me. "Let's clear it right here right now."

I put my hand on James chest and he looks down at me. "James, what is she talking about?"

"I think she wants to hear it from you." She used to her hands do him to continue but he only looked away from me and glared at her.

"So I guess I'm the one that's going to tell them."

"Danielle, shut the fuck up." James growled as he curled his fingers into a fist.

"Ooh, wrong choice of words. Didn't I say something about respecting me? Actions have consequences." She said as if she was a mom talking to a baby.

His eyes shifted from angry to pleading and I felt him relax. "Danielle, I'm begging you don't say anything."

"James...and I..." James and her what? I growl to myself. "had... a baby." She said, and she stepped back from me. "Almost two years ago." She clarified. "We had a son and the ten months I said I was in Rehab but I was at home getting fat so can have the baby and give him up for adoption." I didn't believe her, but everything that James was and wasn't saying told me otherwise. "And every once in a while James and I goes and visits him with his adopted family!" I stopped where I was at the steps and turned around slowly. I looked her as she was looking back and forth between Ethan and James.

"You swore nobody would know unless me told them on our terms!" I looked at James and he was angry, but he wouldn't look at me, I could sense he was afraid to.

As tears unwillingly came from my eyes, sliding down my cheeks, I took off the engagement ring, but I didn't throw it at him. I dropped it over the rail and watched his eyes follow it as fell and hit the ground. The same time I saw Ethan leave out the front door.