4. Ayala

(Media picture of Ethan)

Original Published Date: 2 November 2015

Estelle POV

I stare at the guy blankly, and look back over at James.

"Nice to meet you Ethan." I temp to slam the door on his face when the bumper of his shoe stops it.

"My- our father, Erdiss, is either dying or dead already. He told me to come here, this is here. Right?" He asks handing me a wrinkled paper.

I open and read it, with my name on it. "James!" I yell. "Come here."

"Ya, wassup?" He looked down at me and I pointed to the Ethan kid at the door.

"Who's he?" Ethan asks.

"James, my step-brother. You?" I ask.

"I'm Ethan, your half-brother."

"I don't have a brother." I say.

"Ya, you do. I'm Ethan Jerry West. You're Estelle West, just like dad described you. Light green eyes, blackish, brownish, hair, and a sensitive face. Just like your mom's." I give him a odd look.

"I hadn't seen my dad in almost eleven years, how does he know what I look like?" I ask.

"Every once in a while he'd tell me, 'Son, I'm going into town for a bit. Stay here.' I didn't listen one day, and I followed him," he turned around and started walking to the side of the house and pointed at a tree, "he climbed in that tree and would stay there for a hour or so, I followed him for a couple days, until I got caught. He never told why he came here, and what was so important about it. He'd just say-"

"'Its nothing to worry about.'" I finished for him. He nodded his head a little. It was something he always said when he felt something and never wanted to speak about it or he just didn't want you to know about it.

"I've been cooped up in some hideout with him since I was nine."

"For how long?" I ask.

"Almost twelve years."

"That's around the same time my father left me and my mom. Come in." I whisper the last part as I let him in. I was little when dad left, but he left for his older son who was a werewolf too, would have discovered that... but I guess instead of bringing him here, they both just disappeared.

"I-I still got questions." James intruded.

"Go ahead." I say annoyed.

"Real name?" He asks.

"Ethan Jerry West."

"Age?"

"Twenty-one."

"Birthday?"

"August twenty-second."

"Year?"

"1995."

"Why are you here?"

"My dad told me to come here."

"Why?"

"He said he was dying and told me to come here."

"Why?" James growl.

"I don't know!" Ethan yells.

"I'm out." James grabbed his jacket and hat.

"You don't need a jacket-" I yelled, but he slammed the door, "you're a werewolf." I whisper.

I go into the kitchen and go under the sink. "Wine?" I ask.

"How old are you?" He asks me.

"Don't be a helicopter sibling, or I'm going to let you freeze your ass off outside." He threw his hands up in surrender and nodded. "Ayala. Ayala was founded in 1860 by Edmond de Ayala. It's a really expensive delicious wine." I pour him a small glass of the this thick deliciousness.

I slid the glass slowly to him as I took a small sip. "It's uh, uh. Really good." He said surprised. "It's like peach and... cherry?" He asks.

"Sure... so I've been alive for sixteen years and I'm just hearing about a brother I never knew?"

"Sure."

"How come you didn't come from under dad's wing earlier? I mean you're twenty-one." I ask, swaying my glass.

"He's all I had. He never liked me outside the house. I was hopeless. Until he sent me here."

"C'mon." I say before chucking the rest of my wine.

"Where?"

"To the place where you and my dad have been hiding out most of my life. Where else?"