15. Twelve O'clock

(Another media picture of Aaron)

Original Published Date: 02 December 2015

-edited-

Estelle POV

I refused to believe that Danielle was finally going to be the leader of this pack. I refused to believe my brother is mated to the devils bitch. I refused to believe that Danielle was going to have my last name.

"I refuse to have Danielle be my sister. I don't care if she's my half or step sister in-law. I don't want her to be my sister anything! I don't even want her associated with any part of my family!" I yelled.

"Calm down." James says trying to keep me at ease.

"You don't know that she-devil like I do. She will most likely reject him for being remotely related to me." I almost cry at the thought.

"I don't get it. Aren't Alphas are usually mated to the highest and or lowest rank?" James asks.

"He's a rogue." Aaron says obviously wrong.

"No, he isn't. My dad was the bastard of a Alpha so he has alpha blood, as do I. Just no future alpha of any pack." I frown and sit down. "Well I'm no future Luna slash Alpha of any pack." I cross my arms like a four year old, but it was true.

"That's ironic." James laugh.

"What is?" I ask.

"Well my mom was a twin and they were the Alphas daughters. My mom was, obviously, in love to my dad, but she passed away. So instead of me staying with my pack my dad decided he'd take me and I've been with him ever since. My, original, alpha called me last year though, telling me that my Aunt Carrine had passed away, and he'd like for me to take up his position as Alpha. I told him I'll think about it, but never really thought about it until now." James says.

"You're a Alpha!" Taylor yelled. "I wish you would've said something earlier, I would've ditched Aaron and left with you!" 

Aaron growled and snatched Taylor's wrist. "We'll see you guys tomorrow." Aaron said with no eye contact. Taylor waved goodbye.

"You don't say much." I say looking at him.

"I had no reason to."

"Then what gave you a reason now?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Your story. Just thought that I could relate?" He smiles half like, causing me to feel bad.

I hated this so much. At first I had doubts because he wasn't a Alpha or Rogue, and he was too upfront and muscular to be an Omega. But now that I know for sure he's a Alpha. It makes it extremely likely that he's can be my mate.

James got up and set his beer bottle on the coffee stand. "Where are you going?" I asked, sounding more desperate than I hoped.

"I did almost kill my best friend. I'm going to the hospital to apologize." He says.

I look at the clock on my phone. "It's ten fifty three." I inform him.

"So. There's nothing else to do."

"Then, can I come with?" I ask innocently.

"Who's to stop you?" He grabbed his hat off the rack and he's keys off the front table.

We were driving for about twenty minutes or so when James finally decided to speak, the hospital is pretty far.  "Why'd you have sex with him?"

"We won't go over this James. Why can't you just let it go?" I ask.

"I just can't, Estelle! I just can't let that go."

"Why!?"

"Forget it." He shakes his head.

I let go of a deep breath. "I don't know," I say softly, "Victor wanted to test a theory. What theory? I don't know. But I didn't care, I just did. I guess I was just trying to convince myself of something else too." I frown. I didn't realize how actually stupid that decision was until now. I already thought James loved me as brother would, but I never thought that we'd turn out to be mates.

The car came to a stop and when I looked out the window I saw the hospital. "Come on." I'm surprised he didn't ask any questions.

James walked up to the lady at the counter, who literally fell into awe after a second of looking at him. I pushed James aside to make myself noticed. "We're looking for Victor H. Patterson."

Shock and annoyance was written across her face. She looked at me then at James and smiled. Then looked at me and basically frowned. "Third floor twenty-six 'c'." She looked me up and down and back at her computer. Bitch.

James and I were quiet, at least until we got into the elevator.

"What was that about?" He asks, interest in his voice.

"What was what about?"

"You and that other girl." He keeps trying to hide a smile but he's terrible at it.

The elevator stopped and we got off. Looking for room twenty-six c was like running through a endless maze. It was impossible.

"Found it." I turned around and saw James pointing to black numbers on a window, that was part of the door.

He slowly opened it as if he was going break it if he was to pull it like a normal person. "Hey buddy." James deep voice echoed through the nothingness that was surrounding us.

"Oh, uh, hey. Dude, I'm really sorry." Victor apologizes.

"I'm not here to finish the job, I'm here to apologize for almost ending your life." 

"It was my fault, I didn't think before I did your ma-sister."

"What are your conditions?" I ask, considering this is partially my fault.

"Fractured jaw, and broken nose." We both frown and look at the floor.

We heard alarm and start looking around. "It's my phone," Victor says, "I set a alarm for a twelve o'clock so I could be the first one tell you happy birthday... happy birthday."

I'm seventeen now. I turned the complete opposite direction from James, avoiding any eye contact or touch.

"You knew." His voice instant and mysteriously sounded like a country love song in my ears. Everything's different. The smell of Cinnamon and Chocolate chip cookies filled the room.

My wolf already knows, and she's scratching at my insides to get to him, but I want cement to cover my feet and hold here, forever. "Yes, I did, Victor told me." I shut my eyes really tight as his aroma got stronger, telling me he's walking toward me. I want to keep walking, but I know that in one step my feet will betray me. "I don't want, this, James... I don't want it."