12th December

I: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Today we have a special guest here for you. He is treated like a god wherever he goes. People call him the Messias of football. Welcome here the winner of four Ballon D'ors.

G: Hello. Thank you for having me here tonight.

I: I feel honoured to have you here. So first of all how are you? We all are happy to finally see you train again. I think I speak for everyone who watches football that I was very shocked when I heard of your injury.

G: I'm good. I admit it was very hard to sit at home not being able to train and see my teammates struggle during some games. But luckily I'm back, even though I'm not completely sure if I will make it till the El Clasico, I try everything to help my team as soon as I can. 

I: Wonderful, so to another subject. Not long ago you became a father a second time, in September your girlfriend Antonella gave birth to little Matteo. So how is the little boy and especially what thinks Thiago of the new baby in the house?

G: (laughs) I guess this was the good side of my injury, I got to spend much time with my family and help Antonella. Luckily both my boys are very nice children, don't cry too much and sleep just as long as I do.

I: Right we saw the picture Antonella posted on Instagram. Very cute if I say so myself.

G: Yeah that's basically what I do whenever I come home from training. And since you asked before Thiago absolutely loves his brother and I think secretly he just waits for him to grow up so that they can play together.

I: Besides Barcelona you also play for Argentina, what can you tell us about the atmosphere playing with players you are normally playing against and what do you do in your free time, do you spend it together or all alone in your room?

G: This is a funny question since I don't see any difference, they all are my teammates and we have much fun whenever we are together with the national team. I think many of my fans already know that I'm always rooming with Kun Aguero even though my Barca teammate Mascherano is there too. But I kind of grew up with Kun, we were already together when we played the U20-World Cup and we are still very tight. It was actually really weird to play against him when Barca played against Man City last year, but I guess this is our job.

I: Thank you for your answers today, I hope we will get to see you here again soon and we all wish you all the best for your comeback.

G: Thank you for having me here, goodbye.