19th December

"Good evening ladies and gentleman. Today is a new start into a new era." Man this sounds official.

Florentino Perez, Real Madrid's president, always sounds so stern whenever he is talking to the press and sadly today it's because I renewed my contract.

I don't even know why it's so special since I have been here in Madrid ever since 2005 and I'm still happy here.

It feels great to have a team like this since we are more like a family. Also it's great to be able to play alongside with great footballers like Cristiano or Iker.

I was pretty crushed when I heard that Iker was going to leave us but I guess that's football to you.

But it also brought something great for me since I'm now captain of the first team and I feel very honoured of it.

I'm into my own memories too much so I don't get anything Perez says in the front but as my lovely girlfriend Pilar takes my hand in hers I shift my concentrate to the man up front.

"He is not only a great guy on the field but also off. I'm happy to see that he loves the club just as much the others do and that he signed a new contract just showed it once again.

He has helped us to win one Champions League, one Super Cup, one FIFA Club World Cup, three Spanish leagues, two Spanish Supercups and two Spanish cups so I want to say thank you.

Thank you for staying with us, staying for always helping the team achieve its dreams. Thank you for all you have ever done for the club."

Pilar is rubbing her eyes suspiciously so I hold her tightly to me. I'm so happy that she is here with me today as well as my little son Junior and I'm happy that our second son is kind of here too.

I was over the moon when Pilar told me that she is pregnant again.

I love being a father even more than being a footballer because every day I can clearly see that Sergio Junior has something from me inside of him and I'm damn proud of it.

"So many times has he been awarded not only as the best defender of the league but also in whole Europe. And I'm happy to say that he plays here for our team, Real Madrid."

Well I guess this was exaggerated. They always tell me that I'm the best defender but I would be nothing without the rest of the team but sadly nobody listens to me. "So welcome him here."

That's my cue to go up there and take the jersey and do thousands of pictures with the head of the club, with my family, with some of my teammates.

I absolutely hate taking pictures for the press. "Rescue me." I quickly whisper in Pilar's ear before going up the stairs.

"Thank you for coming here today. I'm also very proud that I get the chance to play another five years with this amazing club. I want to thank all of my teammates for helping me on the field every single day, for making me laugh on sad days and for just making my life better."

My teammates who are sitting in the crowd laugh.

And then the horrible photo session starts but luckily Pilar is going to be on them too so I can hold her tightly to me and just imagine standing somewhere else.

Just when I'm about to run away I feel a little kick against my hand which is resting on Pilar's stomach. I smile down and see a little bump there, my little boy.

Man I really am the happiest man right now. I look around and everybody is there, my family, my friends and the head of the club which was always my dream to play at.