20th December

Three years. It has already been three years since I married the love of my life. Anna Ortiz. I still remember the day like it was just yesterday.

When she walked down this aisle in her white dress like the angel she is. I have to admit that I got teary eyed this moment. And today I want to make it just as special.

I planned to take her out for dinner at this very romantic hospital near the beach and then we will just spend the time at our vineyard.

I can't think of a way to ever thank Anna for everything she has done for me.

She always stood by my side and especially this summer when my best friend, Xavi Hernandez, decided to leave FC Barcelona, the team we have been playing for so many years together, to go to Qatar.

I was crushed but she helped me and always showed me the bright side of life.

She also gifted me the most amazing baby girl. Valeria is just the best daughter I can think of.

I love spending time with her whenever I can and I'm sad whenever I have to leave her home to go play for my team.

It was especially hard when I had to leave for Brazil for the World Cup and didn't get to see her for over a month with preparations and all.

But our holiday afterwards was even better even though we didn't win this time.

I still remember the time we won the two EC and the World Cup in South Africa, the kiss with Anna on the field afterwards was nearly as special as our wedding kiss.

After all this hard work and the long separation from her I was so happy to finally hold her in my arms again. And I think it was the same for her, at least I hope that she feels the same for me.

Who am I kidding, sure she does. But I still have my moments where I think about how lucky I am.

Anna could have chosen so many but still she said yes to me even though I'm barely home and I can't always help her with our children, but she decided to stay with me nonetheless.

And even when I'm home I can't stop thinking and talking about the games, the practices or the team itself. You have to know I'm the captain and the rest of the team is my concern.

They are like my children, I can't stop worrying about them because if I do and they do something stupid it will be my fault.

And I also have to live up with the expectations everyone has after having Xavi being the captain for the first team for so many years.

I mean we won the Treble last year and it's hard to keep up with everything. I can't disappoint the fans and especially not the team.

I have to do my absolute best and luckily I have an amazing wife like Anna by my side, who always supports me and helps me through every difficult situation.

Getting ready I don't even try to tie my tie, okay what was that. But anyway I don't even try to because Anna will remake it anyway.

She always tells me that I'm doing it wrong even though I don't know what she means they look okay to me. "Andres you ready?"

I only nod and go downstairs to see my beautiful wife standing at the foot of the stairs waiting for me. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

"Sure thing." We laugh and I help her in the car before we make our way to the restaurant.