Almost is Never Enough

Althea's POV

"Althea come on dance with me!" Sam said as she held my hand and before I could answer she already pulled me to the dance floor.

Naisipan namin gumimik ng barkada dito sa isang bar sa may The Fort. I'm with my very close friends Batchi, Wila and Sam.

"Go Althea! Rock your sexy body!"
Batchi and Wila shouted.

I was already dancing with Sam, grinding our bodies against each other on the dance floor. And because of the alcohol in our systems, we were so high to give a damn sa mga nakakakita sa ginagawa namin. At wala din naman malisya samin to dahil magkaibigan naman kami. We're just making the most of the night.  At habang nage-enjoy kami sa pagsayaw. Bigla ako nakaramdam na para bang may kanina pa nakatingin sakin. Nilibot ko ang aking paningin. Nang mapalingon ako sa aking kanan, bigla ako natigilan ng makita ko sa hindi kalayuan ang isang napakagandang babae na nakititig sakin. Ang kanyang mga mata na tila ba nagtatanong.

"Jade?" I whispered to myself as if she could hear me. She didn't even wave or smile or anything, instead she just looked away and pretend like she didn't see me. She stood up and walked away. So I followed her, leaving Sam on the dance floor.
She headed straight to the comfort room but before she could reach the door, I already had my hand wrapped around her wrist.

"Jade..."

She then turned to face me.
"Oh H-hi.." She simply said and smiled at me.

"Hi! Wow! I'm so happy to see you again! Parang lumiliit ata masyado mundo natin dalawa? Like.. Wow!" I greeted her with a wide smile. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest upon seeing her.

"O-oo nga eh.. I-Im happy to see you too."  She said and gave me a fake smile that didn't go unnoticed. Then she turned her back on me and entered the comfort room, ran straight in one of the cubicles. I followed her again and before she could close it, I already slip inside and shut the door behind us.

"B-but you don't look happy to see me. A-akala ko ba gusto mo pa ko makita kasi di ba sabi mo nun, sana hindi iyon yung huli nating pagkikita?" I asked while eyeing her, back still facing me.

"Naalala mo pa pala yun?" She asked raising an eyebrow as she turned to face me. I just nodded and frowned at her in confusion.

**********

Jade's POV

"Naalala mo pa pala yun?" I asked her sarcastically as I turned to face her, but I froze when I realized that she just locked us inside this cubicle.

I'm pissed pero pinipigilan ko sarili ko na hindi maging obvious sa mga inaasal ko, dahil di ko alam kung bakit naiinis ako sa nakita ko kanina. I saw her dancing with that gorgeous woman and their bodies were so close.

"O-oo. Sabi mo pa nga we'll keep in touch di ba?" She said and frowned at me.

"Exactly! But you never called me or texted me di ba?" I said and I chuckled humorlessly. Oh shit! I don't want to sound like a demanding girlfriend na nakalimutan itext o tawagan pero nakaasar kasi na di man lang niya ko naalala? Urgh! I said to myself.

"Yes I know, and I'm sorry about that Jade. Naging sobrang busy lang talaga ako pag uwi ko dito sa Manila." She explained.

"Mukha nga... Nakita ko naman eh. Busyng busy ka nga kanina sa kasayaw mo at mukhang enjoy na enjoy ka pa.." I said while eyeing her. I suddenly felt my cheeks starting to warm up and my eyes widen when I realized... Oh my god Jade! Now you sounded like a jealous girlfriend! I told to myself. And beads of sweat began forming on my forehead.