Please Don't Stop the Rain

A/N: Hi guys sa mga nagread, nagvote, nagcomment at nag add sa reading list and library niyo ng story ko, SALAMAT PO! Sana nagustuhan niyo kahit medyo lame. Haha. For any comments and suggestions or violent reactions please feel free to tap the comment below. Thank you ulit. Here's another u.d, hopia like it. 🙈

XOXO 😘

***********

Jade's POV

The vast shroud of darkness enveloping the sky, soft chirping of crickets, white sheer of curtains dancing with the night breeze to some unknown music. Streetlights peeking through my half-opened glass window, giving a slight glow to my dim room. The night seems peaceful and calm, but my mind and my heart aren't.

It's 1:40 am. And I'm wide awake again, lying flat on my back. Staring at the ceiling and I couldn't help my self from smiling while recalling every bit of our moments together. The laughters, the teasing, the exchanges of glances and smiles. Those almond shaped eyes, her intoxicating scent, her sweet smiles, her gentle touches, her intense stares, her soothing voice, the warmth of her body. Those are things that's keeping me awake. I started having sleep deprivation since I saw her at the bar and almost kissed me or I just assumed. Hundreds of tossing and turning, constantly flipping of my pillow in search of the cool side didn't help to get me into sleep. Fuck! What's happening to me? What have you done to me Althea? Why do you keep on invading my thoughts? I cursed to myself. I pressed a pillow on my face and let out a suppressed squeal.

I sat up, leaned my head on the headboard. Wondering if she's having a hard time sleeping too, with me on her thoughts.
I reached for my phone resting on my wooden bedside table. I scanned my messages and tapped on Althea's last sent message. I stared blankly at it, contemplating whether to text her or not. But I used the former.

To: Althea
1:55 am

Still awake?

Then I pressed send. I bit my thumb nail and closed my eyes because I suddenly felt ashamed for texting her. What if she's already asleep? I might disturb her. I flinched when I heard my phone beeped. My eyes grew wider when I checked my phone. Oh my God! She replied, she's still awake! My hands started to shake and my heart began hammering inside my chest.

From: Althea
1:57 am

Hi! How did you know I'm still awake? ☺️

I bit my lip, and smiled. I know I'm blushing right now, but who cares, nobody sees me anyway. I tapped reply.

To: Althea
1:58 am

Di ko alam na gising k p, Nagbaka sakali lang naman ako, what's keeping u up so late pala?

Iniisip mo rin kaya ako?

From: Althea
1:59 am

Can't stop thinking about u...

Oh my god!!! I smiled widely knowing that she's thinking about me too.

I typed.
To: Althea

Ako rin eh

Oh no Jade! Don't! (Delete. Delete. Delete) Nag-iisip ako ng tamang sasabihin but my phone beeped again.

From: Althea
2:04 am

Hey? Di ka na nagreply. Joke lang yun. Bakit nga pala gising ka pa?