Head Over Heels

Althea's POV

I was awakened by a warm caress on my face of the morning sun rays piercing through my partially drawn curtains. And I felt a warm body pressed against my side, an arm wrapped around my waist, and a pair of legs tangled with mine. I looked down at her and she's still sleeping peacefully inside my arms with her head on my shoulder. And yes, it was not a dream, she's really lying next to me.

If they ask me what's the best feeling in the world?
For me it's waking up next to the one you love the most. Her face to be the last thing you see at night and be the first you want to see as you flutter your eyes open in the morning. The one who makes me want to forget about the world because she already means the world to me. Before, I wanted to sleep forever just so I could dream of us being together. But now, I don't wanna sleep anymore because reality is finally better than my dreams.

I felt that she moved closer, snuggled her face in the crook of my neck and I could feel her warm breath across my skin. I caressed her back up and down, and planted a kiss above her head. I could smell the faint scent of her shampoo.

"Hmmn..." She hummed and looked up to me with half-shut eyes.

"Goodmorning beautiful." I greeted her with a smile as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Goodmorning Love." She greeted with a smile, still with half-shut eyes, and snuggled back against me a little tighter. I couldn't help myself from smiling because of the term of endearment.

"How's your sleep?" I asked still caressing her back.

"It was the best... Sleeping and waking up next to you, was the best sleep I ever had." She murmured and smiled against my neck, while her fingers were busy drawing circles on my cheek, and it tickled me.

"How about you?" She asked and looked up to me again.

"Hindi nga ako masyado nakatulog eh." I answered, she frowned worriedly

"Aww, bakit? Di ka ba nakakatulog pag may katabi? Sorry." She pouted and was about to pulled away but I didn't let her.

"Hey, hindi yun ibig ko sabihin. Di lang ako makatulog kasi- -..." I said as I pulled her closer.

"Kasi...??"

"Kasi ayaw ko na mamiss kita." I answered, I lightly pinched her nose and she crinkled it cutely.

"Sus, aga-aga naman mambola, andito lang naman ako eh." She said, smiling. She adjusted herself so that our faces were at the same level and gazed at me.

"This isn't a dream, right?" She asked, her gaze was drifted over my features.

"No, it isn't." I answered as I shook my head. I was surprised when she gave me a peck on the lips that lasted for 5 seconds.

"And what was that for?" I asked with a smile, when she pulled away.

"Just to make sure this isn't just a dream." She said with her husky voice, and smiled at me.

"I love you Jade." I said as I gazed at her, and gave her a forehead kiss.

"And I love you more Althea."

"Lika na nga bangon na tayo, baka kung san pa to mapunta. Tara at magluto ako breakfast natin." I said as I pulled her to get up and she followed.

We spent the rest of the morning, teasing, laughing, stealing kisses from one another, and enjoying the presence of each other while the world is still ours. And we said our long goodbyes before entering our wheels, because we have to drove back with separate cars.

**********

"Uy guys tutal andito na ulit si Althea tara bar tayo maya?" Aya ni Sam, na bumisita dito sa resto kasama si Wila.