Somewhere Only We Know

A/N: Hi guys, this is another ud, pambawi ko sa pagkasawi niyo sa mga nakaraang chapters. Haha. Salamat. Hopia like it.  😜

XOXO😘
**********

"Eventually soulmates meet, for they have the same hiding place."
--Robert Brault

**********
Jade's POV

It's already 3 in the afternoon and I was driving my way to Tagaytay, to where I assumed Althea was. I know it's a long shot, but I'm still hoping she's there. Althea please be there. Please be there. I need to see you. I want to see you. I prayed to myself.

As soon as I parked my car in front of her old house. I was welcomed by Aling Elsa who just got out from the house.

"Aling Elsa, magandang hapon po, tatanong ko lang po sana kung nandito po ba si Althea?"

"Ay naku Jade, kanina pa nakaalis siguro mga dalawang oras na, sayang di mo naabutan, kahapon pa yun nandito."

"Ay ganun po ba? Sayang naman po." My heart sank from what I've heard, now I don't know where to find her.

"Oo hija eh, pasensya ka na, teka bakit mo nga pala siya hinahanap? At dito mo pa naisipan puntahan eh kay layo nito?"

"A-ah.. E-eh.. A-ano. Ano po kasi may kaylangan lang po ako ibigay sa kanya. Opo yun po!" I stuttered

"Ahm, Aling Elsa pwede ho ba muna ako magpalipas ng oras dito? magpapahinga lang po sana ako?" I asked, I felt that I needed to get some rest because of the long drive.

"Ay oo, pwede naman, mukhang malayo pa nga ata pinanggalingan mo eh, sige lang pasok ka na lang sa loob, ay teka ipaghahanda muna kita ng meryenda."

"Ay naku wag na po, salamat nalang po, pero busog pa po ako magpapahinga lang ako hindi din naman po ako gaano magtatagal."

"Ah, ganun ba? Oh siya maiwan na muna kita at uuwi na muna ako sa kabila. Tawagin mo lang ako kung kailangan mo, andyan lang ako sa kabila." She said as she pointed the small house near Althea's.

"Opo, Sige po salamat po."

As I entered the house, it felt like I'm having de javu. Every step I made, bitter-sweet memories of that one rainy afternoon came flashing back. I closed my eyes and took a deep sigh because I began to feel the exact same feelings I felt during that moment. I was dragging my feet as I made my way to her living room. I slumped and laid my head on the couch, and rested. I roamed my gaze to every part of the house, taking in the details that I failed to notice the first time I went here. And my gaze fell on a wooden frame sitting on a small rustic mahogany table at the corner. I stood up and went closer to the table, to get a better look at the photo. I picked it up and ran my fingers over it. It was a photograph of a happy family. An image of a Dad and a Mom holding their daughter's hands in between them. I knew it's Althea when she's 5 or 6 years old because of that almond shaped eyes and her distinct smile. I couldn't help but smile because of how cute and adorable Althea was on her childhood days. But then I felt sad knowing that she'd lost her parents and I didn't get to meet them.

I was pulled out of my trance when I heard the door shut that made me startled, and hurried steps were coming closer.

"Aling Elsa nakita nyo po ba kung nasan yung phone ko? Baka kasi may tumawag na importante eh. Alam ko dito ko lang naiwan yun." Said the familiar voice and I quietly placed the photo-frame back.