drinks

" what have you been up to girl I haven't seen you since we graduated high school, I mean I have seen you on TV but that is about it" Ashley slid a beer to me she was still working in that old bar, she has since she was 17.

"You know same old shit" I shrug some and took a good drink of my beer she gave me a lookand I knew what she wanted to hear and I let a soft sigh escape my now red lips. "I love him dearly he is my world along with my baby girl but sometimes Roman just irrates me" I run a hand in my hair and puffed my cheeks out.

"Well marriage isn't meant to be perfect, you are going to get irritated but it is all worth it in the end when you have kids and everything. I'm sure he loves you with all his heart Nova cut him some slack" I look at the time as Ashley smiles and I nod some, her eyes go to the door "speaking of which tall tan prince charming just walked in" she winks and goes to help other customers.

I go to reach for my glass still mad but a hand grabs it and slides picks it up, I look as Roman takes it to a table so I follow him and snatch it back.

"we need to talk Nova " his voice vibrate in my ears, I sit down and take a drink and avoid eye contact. I could feel Romans blue eyes staring at my face so I finally break as a tear slips down my cheek.

"I'm sorry Ro for leaving an getting upset, I just I don't know" I sniffed as his warm hand wipes the tear away.

"Tell me.what your thinking please baby girl" his deep voice asking as a plead and I put my glass down and lean on the table.

"I want you to know I wanna be by your side, it kills me to see you all beat up. It physically makes my heart hurt because I couldn't be there to stop it, to stop the pain. I want nothing more then you to be healthy " I shake some and put my face in my hands "seeing you torn up isn't right" I felt him sit beside me and put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

"Nova it is going to happen no matter what, I rather it be me then you I can't see you like that because it makes me feel like I failed to protect you and I swore the day I decided I wanted you I would protect you even if I am the one hurt" I lean against him as he spoke, I look at him and frowned some.

"You can't always protect me" I whisper, Roman leaned closer and gave a half smile.

"But I can try" he spoke softly and kissed me lightly and I return the kiss "and I'm sorry I snapped earlier there was no reason to"

"I know it just had me upset I guess, I didn't want to cry in front of you" I hiccuped and he smiles with a small chuckle.

"Baby girl I am your shoulder to cry on always remember that and I think you have had enough" takes the cup and slides it away and I nodded some and leaned against him as we sat in the bar and bite my lip.

"I love you Rome" I move closer as he tightened his arm around me.

"I love you too Nova " he stood up and took my hand and leads me out of the bar and to my truck, he sets me on the tail gate parked behind the bar and kissed me.

"You are so amazing I don't think I will ever give you up" I licked his cheek as he chuckles "there I licked you s-so your mine" I laughed some as he hugs me and lifts my hand and rubs my ring finger.

"the day you said hello I was yours love" he mumbles and looks at me "forever I wanna grow old with you and be that cute little old couple with grandchildren in the yard" I look at him and blink some, I look down at our hands.

"Roman what about having another child.... maybe " I whisper softly.

"Another child?" He choked out as he looked at me, I meet his blue eyes with my green ones and nodded.

"Not now but maybe in a year or so.... I always wanted a son so he can be just like you" I brush his hair out of his eyes.

"Baby girl I would have 5 kids with you.... your my world" he whispers "and a boy sounds nice" he smirks some.

"Now I wouldn't go to far as to have 5 kids" I said teasingly and he chuckles as he kisses me.

"You know what I mean "