Chapter 26

* FAST FORWARD TWO MONTHS LATER *

It's the month of October and Me and Davon have been going steady and heavy. Basketball season has started and we both hate missing each other's games. Of Course he starts and he's the captain, I took the starting SG position spot and the girl who's spot I took is obviously mad but she wasn't working hard enough. Everyone in school knows about us which is a good feeling. His ex is jealous and rolls her eyes every time she sees us together. He comes over with no problem between him and Victoria. She loves us together actually. My grandmama hasn't met him yet and I haven't met him family. It's too early for all of that right now.

We get out of practice and head to his house. Today was different because he gave me his car keys "here lala, take us home" He calls me LaLa because he thinks he's Carmelo. "Why what's wrong?" he shows me his ribs it was all bruised up and scared "Oh my gosh what happened Da?" I took the keys from him and I attempted to take his bookbag from him but he took mine but gave me his shoes "I was tryn dunk nd Don big ass fouled me in the air cus he went up to block me nd I slid nd fell on the  court but im gud it just burns i need yu to take of it wen we get to the crib." I drive us to his house and as soon as we pulled up you hear Rico's big bouncer ass barking. I used to be scared of him but now I'm beginning to love him like my son. I open up the door and I'm immediately greeted by Rico "hey big boy missed me" he looks at Davon and noticed that he isn't feeling right and goes right up under him and caters to him the best way a dog can. "Baby are you hungry? Do you need some ice?" "Yea can yu heat me up sum pasta from last night nd get me a gatorade please lalalalalalalaaaa" I laugh at him because he's so goofy. "Come here when yu get done real quick" I go in there and he has some peroxide and Neosporin and asked me to clean it up for him. I gently wipe him up with some peroxide and I see the bubbles start to foam "ahhh" he jerks up like somebody had tickled him on the side. I start to blow it and continue to clean him up "so Halloween is around the corner can yu be my lil freaky nurse that day?" I kiss his forehead "only if you be my Doctor." He does that sexy lip biting thing again "do yu celebrate Halloween or did yu?" "Yeah my mama ain't care what we did, I was out with my cousins trick or treatin and as we got older, since my cousins were older than me they took me out to parties." "So what yu trynna do this Halloween, I might let us have a party here at my crib if yu want to, but I dont kno yu kno im lowkey nd shit." "It's up to you boo." The timer goes off and I go get his food after I get finished putting the last band-aid on him. "Thank yu, I cant wait until I make yu my girlfriend." Those words lit my whole insides and outsides up. "We'll see if you keep your word."