Chapter 16

The Squad

Me and Davon literally live around the block from each other. At the stop sign you make a left go up the street and my house is on the right side in the middle. We basically live in the same complex. At the rate that we are going, Im going to be walking the street a couple times. But I dont want to jump to conclusions I like to take things slow. He pulls up "don't be long ok cutie ?" I look and smile at him "ok Chris brown" he laughs "ok Monica jus get in those shorts nd Nike for me" I close the door and run up the steps. When I get in the house my grandmama upstairs watching tv. I know she's here because I see her little white hospital work shoes at the door. Another thing mama always taught me was leave your shoes at the door unless the carpet looks dirtier then the bottom of your shoes. Even though mama was a crackhead, she did teach me a lot of useful life skills.

Davon Eyes:I kno wen I like a girl nd I really am feelin Chel. I culd stare in her eyes nd play in her hair all day. Tha fact that she's a virgin makes me want her more. She's the type I wuld bitch up for but fuck all that I'm Boss Von ! I make all tha calls.

I ran upstairs to grandmama room she was so into Dr. Oz at the moment. For a grandma, grandmama looks good. She's 62, short black hair cut in a bob, she's about my complexion a light honey brown, she looks about 50 if you asked me ! I walked in and startled her "oh baby you spooked me a little" I walked over and gave her a kiss and hug "hey grandmama did you work today ?" "I worked 8-12 and I just cleaned the house and washed Victoria clothes after that" I looked at her with a sad face. She's washing a young adults clothes "grandmama I could of cleaned up for you when I get back" she took her eyes off the tv for a second "where you headed too ?" "Im going to go look at the girls basketball team" she looked shock "Oh go head baby girl ! Go head I don't want to hold you" I laugh and walk away "want your door open or closed ?" "Leave it open" I close the door and run to put clothes on.

Nike down to the socks, hair in a bun. Ready to go. I put my shoes in my book bag and throw my slides on. "Bye grandmama love you" I run to the car and get it "sorry I took so long I had to talk to my grandmama" he looked at me up and down then licked his lips "it's fine, yu makin up for it cus yu here now" I look confused and laugh at him. He pulls off "so what was yur grandma doin ?" "nothing chilling. I wish she stop working hard sometimes" He looked at me concerned "why yu say that ? she workin like 3 jobs nd do everythin still ?" I sigh and think about the past "We come from a family where everybody started early with kids. Lived a rough upcoming life." "How early did they start ?" "Grandmama had Uncle Lu at 15. Then my mama at 17. She has a total of 8 kids and was finish by the age of 25" his eyes got big "damnnnnn ! she started 15 !? my grandma only had 3 my uncle yoyo she had him at 18". I started to laugh and he gets in his feelings and his voice gets real deep "why are you laughin !?" I look at him as if he is talking to the wrong person "I wasn't laughing at you and loose that bass in your throat" he smirks at me "shawty I was jus playin" "but I laughed at your uncle name yoyo why y'all call him yoyo" he puts the cutest smile on "ok because he was tha oldest but at tha same time acted like a lil boy so they kicked that nigga out nd somehow they wake up nd he already eatin a bowl of cereal nd my grandma everybody locked tha door nd windows so cus he came back all tha time they called him yoyo" I laugh because they really didn't want him to be there "how did your grandmama handle the three ?" he laughs "I love how grandma is grandmama for yu it's cute cus yur accent" I smile because he gives compliments in person and not just behind the screen "thank you but you have a accent you don't even know is on you" he looks out the side of his eye and smacks his pink full lips "mannn my grandma was lucky to not do it by herself. Pop-pop was sometimes in tha picture but was always there for my mom" "oh your granddaddy was in your life ?" "yea he was faded throughout tha picture but regardless of my grandma nd his situation, he always made sure Uncle yoyo, my moms,Uncle Pete was taken care of" "so your mom is the only girl ?" he does this smart ass laugh "yea they actually twins" "who is ? yoyo and your mama or Pete and your mom ?"

Davon Eyes:Me talkin right now I dont kno if Im talkin too much or what but I cant believe Im actually tellin where I'm comin from. Her grandma had a lot on her plate raisin them by herself but then again I understand cus my moms raised me solo."

We finally pulled up in the parking lot. That was a good talk. He puts his car in park "ready to feed our hearts" I breath in and out "I'm kind of nervous" he looked right in my eyes "yu can never be nervous that's how losers are made nd me nd yu we undefeated we gotta play our hearts out even wen we kno we got tha dub" I smile at him because he's always trying to make me laugh or smile when I look unsure "thank you Michael". "Michael ? how yu kno my middle name ?" I laugh "I honestly meant Michael Jordan" We get out the car and Davon is still not dressed "Von where are your balling clothes ?" He's all into his phone pants hanging completely from his butt. He pats his butt "my ass !" we both laugh as we walk towards the gym and I become nervous with each step I take.

We finally get into the gym my nerves are pumping. "Yu ready to show em that jumper ?" I'm still observing the boys because I don't see any girls yet "aye follow me I gotta introduce yu to somebody". We walk over to the other side of the court as go into the locker room "what are you trying to do ?" he smirks "nothin I promise I can get caught tha fuck up in here this is networkin business baby". We go into the girls basketball coach office "coach hill" she looks up and gets up to hug him "my man wassup Mr. Stewart ?" "I'm good, I want yu to meet somebody" He looks to wave me in "this right here is tha one with tha jumper Michelle". He smiles and she looks and smiles at me as she gets up to shake my hand "its nice to meet you young lady what school are you coming from ?" she was a very pretty lady but her style was in between girly and sporty so you couldn't really tell if she was gay or not. She was fairly skinny, hippy, she had shoulder length dreadlocks that were honey brown, she was brown skin like a Nia Long complexion, nice straight white teeth, and she was sporty because of what she wore Adidas soccer pants, a grey Adidas shirt, and some black regular plain shoes. "I came from Riverlin Senior High School in Chapel Hill, North Carolina" she stepped back and looked at me "that was my rivalry school my sophomore year, I was a lady Buck number 23" I was amazed because I remember playing them "that's crazy I never knew anybody that was from my area" she gave me a big welcoming hug "welcome to the family Michelle" Davon slipped his hand on my ass as I kicked him.