Chapter 19

Starting Different

Davon Eyes: I woke up early that mornin round 430 I'm guessin I culdnt sleep I laid there nd thought bout my life nd tha choices I made. I'm still makin bad decisions but I was never a good kid I always stayed in trouble. I decided to roll a blunt. Halfway through the shit I jus wanted to pour out to Michelle it's too late to call her so I jus started drawin nd writin to her. I jus ended up stayin up takin a shower nd gettin ready. I went to shoppers around 6 to get her some flowers to tell her I'm really sorry. I called her "hello gudmornin gorgeous I'm boutta come to yur house" she sighed "ok Davon thanks"

Michelle's Eyes: Davon called me to let me know he actually came through with his words. He's picking me up he really made me mad last night over something I thought was nothing. When he showed up he had roses sitting in the seat. I moved them to sit down "what yu doin?" "I need to sit down unless I'm supposed to be in the back" he smiled and laughed at me "no Chelle those are for yu" I started crying "woah why yu cryin boo ?" I wiped my face away "because your crazy one minute your so sweet towards me and next you want me to walk home" he looked at me as if I was crazy "I like yu a lot don't bullshit me I gotta past I'm very aggressive nd like things my way I like yu a lot maybe yu can help me change" I looked at him and just held his face then kissed him. He smiled and kissed my lips back and started rubbing my face "I don't wanna move to fast but yu make me wanna be yur man" he reached in his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper "here yu can read it now or whenever nd those are yur flowers I don't kno what yu wanna do with em" I kissed him again "thank you Von"

We drove off and went to McDonald's like a normal school day. Today was different he got deeper into his life story. I figured out he was always on the streets until his freshman year when his uncle got him playing basketball then things went downhill for him when he passed his junior year. He said his uncle was his father figure that's why it hit him so bad and he said he moved out and been alone every since then. Like most boys who grow up with single moms they love them to death, but Davon barely speaks to his mother or about her. I wonder why. We pull up to the school and he starts to roll up "yu smoke ?" I looks at him shockingly "no ! don't smoke that you won't be able to ball again" he laughed "witchu mean ?" "they don't pee test you all ?" "no nd if they did they wuldnt have no squad my whole team wuld be kicked off" "wow that's crazy back home when you tried out you had to pee in the cup if it came back dirty you couldn't even finish tryouts" "so what yu tellin me is yu never smoked ?" "yea I never have" he shook his head "I got dat fire go head inside don't wanna start yu on a bad habit" "alright I'll read your letter in class" he shook his head and told me I looked nice. Walking up those steps I felt like he is somebody I could have a relationship with let's not get too attached Michelle. He is a thug boy and you are a good girl.