06 | taxi

L U E L L A

NEXT DAY
01:00PM

"But I came here to entertain myself," I whined. "Like, watch real TV or surf the bloody internet!"

Kate rolled her eyes and laughed. "Oh, but this is entertainment at its finest," she says smugly.

"To you," I huffed, raising my leg up on her lap having her slap it. "Hey! That hurts,"

My mean friend laughed again and I start to wonder if I should apply for a comedian job; I would gain a lot, apparently. "Yeah? I'm just warming you up, love,"

"It's gonna hurt, isn't it?"

"Yes, you'll feel like your whole body is on fire and all of the curse words you know will gradually increase automatically and-"

"Kate," I interrupted her, my eyes widening. "I-It was a rhetorical question, but," I shake my head and swing my leg down, my bare feet touching the cold bathroom tiles, my fist tightening in nervousness on the bath tub where I sit across from Kate, who is apparently dying out of laughter.

"Chillax, babe," she reached down and held one of her terrifying-looking white, long pads of sticky wax. She motions for me to bring my leg back up, her blue eyes challenging me. I frown and shake my head.

"No way in hell am I doing that after what you've just said."

"I was exaggerating, come on," she laughed.

I shook my head again stubbornly. "I don't trust you."

Kate raised her perfectly sharpened eyebrows at me and shrugged, throwing the white thingy in her hand and standing up. My eyebrows furrow and I watch her as she starts to walk out of the bathroom. I sigh.

"Wait," I call. "What are you doing?"

She turns back to me and smiles mischievously, her eyebrows raised in mock confusion. "You said you didn't want to?"

My lips twitch into an amused smile. "Are you psychologically treating me, Kat?"

"My name's Kate," she rolls her eyes, her smile widening.

I shake my head, chuckling. "Sit your arse down and make me look less like a hairy freak."

04:27PM

Today, I've made the great discovery of hair growing everywhere on a human body.

Kate was enjoying me trying out all of this for the first time, but it hurt like hell and felt like I was being traumatized. I let Kate do her work willingly, giving her a show along the way. I've gotten used to not getting offended, too; she wasn't making fun of me -hopefully.

Kate's generosity was unbelievably incredible and I was so grateful for having her right now. It was almost like I was sent an angel to help me get through this. She offered me her bathroom to take a hot relaxing shower after all the mess that I've done.

Showering in an actual bath tub was a really good feeling and I enjoyed every drop of water, being was extra careful with every drop of shampoo and that strange shower gel, in which they both looked expensive.

I felt clean. And I laughed at myself for thinking that as well.

"Lu, you ready? I haven't had lunch yet because of you!" Kate asks from the other side of the bathroom door.

I laugh. "Sorry! I'm still trying to dry my hair,"

Kate huffs and opens the door, looking me up and down with a playful smirk. "You look fresh, don't ya?"