15 | rules

L U E L L A

11:12PM

"Breaking News: A storm has been bracing Lancaster, Lancashire in England for approximately three and a half hours and it seems to have calmed down for a while, but is still persistent. Our sources tell us that it would most probably be present until dawn, around four or five in the morning. So, please, stay home and stay safe." The brunette lady with the revealing leopard dress and really short hair announces with a lipstick-full smile on the TV screen before someone named John pops back up.

"She's hot," Harry snickers.

I roll my eyes. "Let's get back to this, I need sleep." Yawning, I picked up the remote and turned the TV off, tapping the little notebook with my pen. Harry turned his body back to completely face mine on the couch and I squirmed back. Thank God Kate and Ben have been in their own little bubble away from us today. Come to think of it, it really has been a long day.

"Right, the rules,"

We've decided to set some rules for this messed up bet thing. Harry's been stalling, and I have no idea why. But I've figured if we wanted to make this work properly, there should be some rules set to an extent where we can't break them. So far, we had zero rules to start with.

"I'll start," Harry puckers his lips in thought. "You have to be available for me twenty-four-seve-"

"What do you mean? I thought you started this to let you be, not be there to defy you! Wasn't that the point of the deal?"

"On the contrary," Harry smirk mischievously, making me groan in frustration.

"By the way, I didn't like your steak," I try pointlessly, and he's laughing.

"Sure. You see, you're a tad too late."

"But first, shouldn't we list what kind of things you'd force me to do?" I pursed my lips.

Harry's eyes flickered upon my grim expression cheekily. "That's for me to know and for you to find out."

"What a cliché line," I huffed and screwed the pen lid open. "Anyway, I can't be up for twenty-four hours a day, Harry; that's not the slightest bit possible."

"Hey, I'll need sleep, too; you'd have to recuperate."

I sighed. "The only thing I hate about this is that you're terribly enjoying it."

Harry laughed. "Right, so since the phone number I have is Kate's, I need your real one."

Oh, crap. Memories of when I'd used Kate's phone to call Harry before that Halloween party at his frat house swarm back in. I struggle for words to say, trying to come up with any excuse to shew away the fact that I don't have a phone; the fact that I can't afford one.

"My phone, it's... it doesn't work." I gulp, waiting to see if Harry'll fall for it.

"Show me," Harry frowns.

"Why? You don't believe me?" I accused defensively.

Harry raised his ringed hands in the air as if surrendering. "No, I was going to fix it for you." I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'm a Tech major."