09 | rabbit

L U E L L A

02:21AM

Panicked was one way to put it if not an understatement of how I felt while Kate dragged me behind her, pushing and elbowing through half-conscious people. I notice a few snoring bodies laid on couches or on the floors and wonder how long I have been in that restroom.

Kate keeps mumbling incoherently causing my nerves to spiral and my heart to beat faster and my sweat glands get active. We are approximately more than three hours late than our deadline. Or my deadline, since Kate has her whole shift peace-made, unlike me.

I remember pretty well and clear that the woman who accepted covering for me, also agreed on the one condition I'd be back by eleven.

Needless to say, I'm beyond late. What aggravates me the most is how forgetful of the time I was because I was freaking busy counting off the tiles of the restroom.

I worked on quickening up my pace, even passing Kate, tightening my grip on her hand shakily as I took the lead of having to push through packs of people who were either dressed as vampires or half-naked nurses. I honestly couldn't care less when I heard a distinguishable sound of a male voice, most likely directing his words to us. But my priorities right now were not drunk-talking at all.

"Hey, wait!" A figure stopped us in our tracks and I nearly toppled over Harry on the floor if Kate hadn't half-drunkenly gripped me back. I was sweating of nerves and unfocused and Kate wasn't completely conscious.

"Harry, we really need to go," I frowned, annoyed at the interruption, trying to push past him before he spoke again.

"What happened? Did someone bother y-"

I whipped around, Kate whining like a freaking baby and rubbing her forehead as I glared at Harry who had his own eyebrows furrowed in confusion at our rushing. "No, can we go now?" I snapped in frustration.

"Whoa, easy there!" He shot up his eyebrows at my clipped tone. "At least let me drop you off?"

Bloody Hell. He was getting on my nerves. And as much as I wanted to ignore him and continue with my way, I wanted to reply to Harry; it wasn't his fault I was late and probably about to get fired. Although, I was undoubtedly annoyed after his little move tonight and how so hilariously ashamed he seemed that he invited me to this lame party.

It wasn't even that much of a thing to begin with, and I wasted so much money that went straight to ignorance. I had a right to be mad. He was the one that invited me anyway, giving me his bloody number.

"No, thanks." I muttered and elbowed by him, circling around to reach the front door. The air outside was thick with grease and intoxication than inside. Music still blared loudly outside and that the amount of people had reasonably lessened.

Kate let go of me and I turned around with an exasperated expression. "What now?" I asked.

She motioned for me to quiet down and held her hand up as if to silence me. "We need him," she slurred, frowning. I raised my eyebrows and scanned the littered surrounding impatiently.

"What? Who? Why?" I asked hurriedly.

"Harreh," Kate blinked slowly and I took a breath in, shifting as I look at her incredulously. "We need a ride to get there fast, rabbit."

Rabbit? Rapid? Now I know how people are like when they're drunk. For God's sake.

"We'll take a taxi," I argued.