14 | ticklish

L U E L L A

"Luella, where do you keep the knives?"

"Top drawer,"

"Tomatoes?"

"Fridge."

"Green pepper?"

"Fridge, Harry. All the vegetables are in the fridge's bottom drawer," I explained patiently, signaling to the refrigerator.

"What about the spices?" Harry was doing it on purpose, but I grit my teeth and keep my cool just so he would know he didn't get to me.

"Cupboard,"

"Tomatoes?"

I whipped around, leaving the chicken in the sink as I narrowed my eyes at Harry. "You've already asked about that, Styles."

His eyebrows shot up and he threw me a look of determination on getting to me; he knew I knew. "Have I?"

I watched him as he neared to stand next to me by the sink so he took the unused space to put the raw meat in there. I shook my head at him and turned to my own work. Our elbows and arms were brushing as we cleaned the bits and pieces of our precooked meals.

"Styles, huh?" Harry tried to make conversation -or rather make my cheeks flip on fire.

I washed my chicken and put it back on a plate before I moved to the ceramic counter that was on the opposite side of Harry. His eyes followed me as I opened the drawer and took a knife out. I glanced at him and couldn't help smirking.

"One day, I'm going to kill you with this one," I started chopping the chicken, hearing Harry's throaty laugh that made me grin wider involuntarily.

"I find that hard to believe, Skye."

I frowned in surprise and turned to him. "Hey, how do you know my last name?"

Harry shrugs and rinses his meat out of the sink, going to find a cutting board, I'm guessing. "I just do. You must've told me, I don't remember."

Over the next hour, Harry has been impersonating an extremely annoying three-year-old who eats his bananas while cooking. All he did was give me a headache and rant about how he's going to win this little bet. Even Kate and Ben decided to go into Kate's bedroom -doing God knows what- because of the kitchen noise.

You could also imagine how confused they looked when they saw chicken and steak, but they thankfully didn't comment. I didn't really sweat it, although I genuinely wanted him to just leave and relieve me from the constant nagging. Which I, strangely, kind of enjoyed. Are all boys like this in the Outside World?

"Hey, do I look sexy like this?"

Sighing, I turn around to look at Harry, expecting to witness his tongue stuck out to reach his nose or some dumb -yet funny- face expression. But I didn't expect Harry to be shirtless with Kate's vibrant red apron. My eyes widened and I blinked at Harry, too aware of him watching my reaction cautiously. Why does he always do this?

"N-No," My voice comes out small and I pinch my eyes shut, turning around to steady my breathing as I curse myself mentally. I try again, "You're an idiot. Also, are you not human? It's freezing."

"So I don't look sexy?" I looked at him over my shoulder, my eyes lingering a little more on his bare broad shoulders and inked, tanned arms. Gulping, I turned back around, yet to touch his gaze with mine, and shook my head no.

Harry's smirk is practically screaming out when he says, "Are you sure?"

"Can we go back to cooking?" I clear my throat with a hard look shot his way purposefully, and bend to get the big pan from the down cupboard. Taking it out, I go to set it on the stove just as Harry grips it from my hand and I have to look up at him.