58 | lovesick

L U E L L A

5 MONTHS LATER

"Luella Faith Skye," Professor Stevenson called and everyone in class clapped as I stepped forward to take my certificate and shake hands with him and the Dean of the university.

We were having a little graduation ceremony in our classroom to mark our six-month intensive courses officially completed.

"Ah, Luella," John the Dean recognized me. "Josie Fitzgerald's pride and joy."

"Oh," I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, she is a great woman, whom I'm very thankful for."

Dylan butted in, "Luella is one of my finest students, she's at the top of this class."

"Is she?" John smiled proudly as I silently thanked my teacher. "Great. I hope to see more of you."

"Of course," I smiled and glanced at both of them. "Thank you."

Stepping back, I moved to stand next to Thomas, who hugged my shoulders in bottled excitement and I grinned at him. He was called next. He shook hands with the Dean and Professor Dylan, as well as the rest of our intensive courses group.

Finally, the Dean smiled and congratulated us all on officially being basically good enough to attend college and prepare our degrees.

"Now," he starts. "I'd like to excuse myself, as I have another event to make an appearance at. It's graduation day!"

I smiled knowingly. It's not only my big day, it's also Harry's. We've been relating all the feels the past couple of weeks. I can't believe that I'm actually certified to attend college -a dream come true. And he can't sink in that he's a twenty-one-year-old graduate, an certified adult now. Although, he surely doesn't act like one most of the time.

I spend some more time with the group, giggling giddily in accomplishment. We are as good as high school graduates. We'll be freshmen in college in the start of the next scholastic year.

"Hey, you ready?" Tommy asks me and I nod.

"Let's go."

We were going to go together to the Graduation ceremony for Harry and Eliana. These past months, Harry's come to a mutual agreement concerning the fact that Tommy remains just a friend, and none of us really planned anything more, but that's Harry. It became more comfortable and less tense between the two when Tom revealed he had developed a crush for another senior, Eliana.

She was a beaut, and we had a good connection. For the mean time, Tom and Eliana were 'just friends' but I believed they were going to be something more pretty soon, which Tom has so adorably encouraged.

We hugged our colleagues goodbyes and took off our gowns, quickly fixing our appearance. All while hurrying outside to the football playground where a huge stage had been set up for the event. Facing the stage, there were lines of seats, mostly occupied by seniors and their parents raving about graduating and how they're finally getting out of here.

On the other hand, there was I, raving about how I'm finally getting in here.

Of course, when I have the money, that is. Which is another problem I don't need to worry about right now. Instead, I chose to be happy that that is the only problem worth worrying about.