48 | blessed

L U E L L A

"I am so incredibly sorry," I shake my head, biting my lip. I have just spent three and a half hours shaming myself internally during Chemistry class. Professor Stevenson -or Dylan, as he asked the few of us to call him- reassured me that it's alright, laughing it off every time. "Again. I just... I was running late and..."

"Skye. It's absolutely fine, alright? I forgive you," he joked as we stepped outside in the hiding sun and chilly, crisp air. It was around midday but there was barely any sunshine to warm the winter air. "Now, can you please stop apologizing?"

"I'm sorry, I just-" I caught myself, Stevenson laughing once again, a throaty American laugh, and causing me to giggle quietly. "Oops."

"Anyway," He grinned as the rest of our group spilled into campus, two of the girls I interacted with giving me kind smiles. "Your first assignment. Would you like help with that?"

"Help?" I bit on my bottom lip. "Isn't it just general research on chemical analysis?"

"Yes," Dylan brought his hand up to his chin, the other shoved in one of his suit pockets. "I just assumed that you could use a little help, considering this is your first academic research. Just to get you started on the right track at LU."

"Oh," I returned his smile and couldn't help but feel uncomfortable, realizing he could be offering help in the form of sympathy. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. "I don't know. I can try and see, but thank you."

"No need, just doing my job," he nodded. "Dean -you know, John- wants you to feel at home. So, whenever you need anything," He picked a card from his pocket and handed it to me, "feel free to hit me up. I'll be happy to help."

"Okay," I took the business card from him. "Thank you, I really appreciate that. I'm very lucky to be able to enroll here, so thank you."

"No worries, I'm sure you'll do great." Dylan smiled warmly at me.

"Babe," A familiar purposeful and raspy voice spoke up. Harry was taking two steps of the building's entry stairs at a time towards us until he was right next to me, his arm circling around my shoulders in a protective manner as he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

My cheeks warmed intensely at Harry's public affection, especially in front of my new professor.

"Harry," I silently pleaded him to quit shooting daggers at Dylan. "What are you doing here?"

Harry looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Did I interrupt something?" He asked, his gaze switching from me to a friendly Dylan.

"Not at all," He offered Harry his hand to shake. "I'm Luella's new intensive courses' teacher, Professor Stevenson."

At first, I thought Harry would back off, provided he was only acting like this given I was standing with a random guy, but that didn't seem to be the case. Harry eyed the American down, not taking his extended hand and shaking it until I discreetly nudged him in the ribs.

"Harry, Luella's boyfriend." Harry emphasized.

I looked pointedly at Harry upon hearing his tone and registering it. God, the embarrassment. Dylan nodded, smiling steadily.

"Nice to meet you," Dylan said smoothly. I almost feel relieved he doesn't seem uncomfortable.

"Erm, so," I cleared my throat, shrugging Harry's arm off me as I turned to my professor. "Wednesday, right?"

"Right," Dyaln beamed. "I'll be checking on the assignment and getting started with a bit of Quantum Physics. Again, if you need anything, I'm free whenever."