37 | dreamy

L U E L L A

Poppy is scantily clad in a red leather skirt that barely covers her arse, with some kind of black fishnet crop top that is loosely hanging over her bright red bra. I wonder how she finds the courage and confidence to wear something so revealing and look comfortable.

She sways her hips on her way over to where Harry and I are standing, a bit further away from the thundering party noise. My face flushes just looking at her caked up face with a few strands of her silver hair stuck onto her shiny forehead.

And from the way she's a little out of breath, you could tell she had obviously done a lot of dancing. Or drinking. Or both.

I stand frozen, feet glued to the ground in wariness as Poppy stands in front of me.

"That was so awesome what you did back there!" She swats her arm in the air in supposed excitement or admiration, directing her words to Harry before she turns to look at me. "Wasn't it, Luella?"

I felt my pulse behind my left eyebrow as I parted my lips in confusion. I glance at Harry, who is also eying Poppy suspiciously.

"What, did you not notice our gorgeous King fucking rescue you, Princess?" She pauses to dramatically rest her hand on Harry's shoulder while looking at me purposefully. Harry tenses and frowns deeply at the girl, but he doesn't move to brush her hand off.

She is out here, openly flirting with the guy she'd told me to stay away from because he was "hers," and provoking me with her skanky attitude, and Harry still doesn't make a move.

When I'm noted wordless, she goes on. "You must be loving the attention, aren't you? Just don't dwell on it too much, don't you think?"

"I think you should mind your own damn business," I snap at her, surprising all three of us.

"Huh," She raises her eyebrows at me as she laughs a strangely and turns to Harry, patting his biceps as if praising him. "Now I get why you were all over her on the dance floor. You two did cause quite the scene. Tell me, did you take her t-"

"Lay the fuck off, Nolden," Harry glares at her, her hand dropping to her side as he moves aside.

"Geez, let her speak for herself!" She smirks at me -and that does it. That's all it takes for me to take a long stride to her that my toes are a few inches away from hers.

"All right. I'll do that. You go find yourself another game to play with someone who has time to waste on your shit, okay?"

Her face turns scarlet as she stares at me with an offended, jaw-hung expression. I'm offended she thinks that was offensive, so I shoot her an acid smile and put a purposeful emphasis on my every next word.

"Listen here, bitch. I let you have some fun with your crude remarks every now and then, but you seem to have enjoyed the excitement of it far too much. I strongly advise you to piss the hell off before I take matters to my own hands." I inhale and add with a snap, "Do you get that?"

I almost carry on but I'm satisfied with the look of impressiveness on Harry's face with slightly raised eyebrows and the faintest proud smile. I could've sworn Poppy was this bit away from having smoke come out of her ears.

She opened her mouth to speak, "How dare you talk to me like th-"

"C'mon," Harry rolled her eyes at her. "You heard her. Piss off, Nolden."

I smile with victory as she gives Harry a horrified look and stumbles on her words before she gives me one of her oh-so-scary glares and stomps off back to the party with no signs but clear defeat.