16 | standard

L U E L L A

"It's freezing!" I complained. "Harry, come on, I'll make pancakes. Don't you like pancakes?" I sighed and pursed my lips, following him along the sidewalks, figuring there's no point in defying him. He's put his mind to a certain thing and he's going to do it. Besides, I wasn't in a physical mood to go up those steep stairs right now. However, I've made it my mission to give Harry the nagging he was all on about last time in the kitchen the other night.

"Then they died," I sighed dramatically. "It's tragic - I know, I know."

No matter how hard I tried and no matter how much energy I consumed in making up stories to make Harry react or even glimpse my way, he still wasn't the least bit interested. Even though he wouldn't admit it, I had it in my mind that he was secretly paying attention to what I was saying and laughing at how ridiculous and melodramatic I sounded.

"Harry?" I sigh.

"Hmm?" He blinked over at me, his eyes narrowed from the whooshing wind. Then I noticed he was only wearing his black tee. Only his black tee - with short sleeves.

My eyes involuntarily widened. "Are you dumb or something?" I found my voice high from surprise, almost sounding like a squeal. I flinched and Harry's eyebrows shot up from my expression, stopping in his tracks as I did.

"What?"

"Why didn't you bring your jacket? It's freezing!" I shrill, eying him accusingly and taking my time to selfishly glimpse a few inked tattoos here and there on his bare arms. There was no shadow of a doubt he wasn't freezing off his arse at that moment. Is he senseless?

Harry's shaded face broke into a grin and he shook his head. "It's alright, Luella. We're almost there."

"You're absolutely brainless," I frowned -almost scowled. "I'm not sure if I'd be giving you my jacket if I had one on, to be honest."

Harry chortled in amusement. "Like any of your tiny little clothes would fit me!"

Scoffing, I couldn't help but notice his lips twitch when he looked down at me. "Excuse me! I'm a normal-sized human being, you're just...tall."

"Oh, am I now?" He taunted, grinning at me, resulting in the formation of a playful scowl on my face before he pointed to a mini cute little restaurant that seemed to be the only one working at this hour -more like in this weather. Barely anyone sane seemed to be around.

My tummy growled lowly with hunger just at the sight of the cartoon muffin with a creepy winky face on the sign board above the door to the shop. But when my eyes caught the murky-water streets, I folded my arms over my chest and shook my head like a little child, my face contracting in disgust.

"There's absolutely no way I'm stepping foot in there- Harry!" I was cut off by my own shrill of a squeal. Not only was I taken by surprise when I felt two arms behind my knees and across my back, my surprise was greater (way, way, way greater) when I'd been hauled up by Harry Styles, bridal-style and I'd instinctively wrapped one hand by the back of his shoulder and another gripped the front of his shirt in a protective fist in fear of falling and breaking my bones. My skin unintentionally brushed his neck and I flinched multiple times.

"You talk too much," his voice transforms into a raspier state once again and his minty hot breath hits my face, making goosebumps rise everywhere. When I'd finally had the courage to look up at him, his green jades were impassive and his hearty pink lips (that was even pinker in the cold) were pressed together that I had to look away.