26 | insane

L U E L L A

It takes me a lifetime to leave the relaxing hot water and get out of the shower. My trip out of the bathroom all the way to the bottom of the stairs is filled with electric charges and I'm suddenly so nervous to face Harry, giddy to thank him but also confused about how I should feel.

My fingertips are digging into the wool of his oversized jumper in nerves. The white slippers aren't making a sound as I pad to the kitchen area where a sound of a soft drizzle is echoing around with a sweet hum of some song.

A small smile spreads across my face as I pass the doorway to the kitchen without Harry noticing at all. He was alone, though I haven't bothered to wonder where Josie might be. I decide to take advantage of his obliviousness and try to quietly reach the counter on the other side of Harry at the stove. His back was to me, but I could see he was stirring something in a pot.

My eyes wander his flexing back muscles as they ripple his white sleeveless t-shirt. I put my elbows on the counter and rest my chin on my inner palm, taking my time to examine the black ink on his tanned skin.

Symbols, pictures, words and numbers litter his arms. I glimpse one of a mermaid, another of a rose. Some scattered words that have to have some kind of meaning behind them. This boy can't intrigue me more.

Harry turns around to put something away when he catches me and lets out a surprised yelp, his eyes widening in shock. I raise my eyebrows in a semi-surprised manner as I was distracted, too.

"Bloody hell!" He scolds, putting the lid of the pot nearby before he turns to rest his hands on the counter opposite me, taking a deep breath before he fixates his jades on me, the corners of his lips edging upwards in an amused smile, myself laughing.

"Sorry," I sheepishly apologize, pursing my lips. I stand up and link my hand with my elbow behind my back, my cheeks gaining heat as Harry continues to stare at me.

He cocks his head to the side. "Glad to see you gained control over your hair," he teases.

I snap my head to look at him and scoff. "Excuse me, my hair is fabulous."

Harry lets out a loud bark of laughter, his head jerking back in surprise. I smile at that as he rounds the counter to stand not too far away from me. He scans my outfit with an amused eye. "Taking comfort in my clothes as well."

"Yeah. Thank you, by the way,"

"You're welcome, your Majesty."

I ignore the heavy effect of the nickname and what it holds behind it and roll my eyes, moving to brush past him, going to stand where he previously was by the stove.

"My nose is fogged up so I can't really smell, but this looks good," I blabber and turn around to face him as he makes his way to me again. "What are you making?"

"Lunch, it's chicken ravioli." He says. I nod in approval and sit back down.

Harry lingers his jade gaze on me for a minute before he touches his ear in an anxious manner and moves back to the stove.

"Erm, so,"

"Yeah?" I raise an eyebrow, even though he doesn't see me.

"Are we going to talk to me about last night?"

"Probably not," I shift my gaze to the ground.

"Did someone...hurt you?"

"What?" I blinked. Where did he come up with that? Harry turns around to face me and parts his lips to speak, but I interrupt him. "No. Why do you ask that?"