Chapter 4 The School Play

"Alright kids,do you know what time of year it is?" The teacher asked looking at all of us but non answered her "Its the school's play!" I raised my hand up and she nodded "Uh dont you think were a bit old for school plays." "I dont think so." "Yeah havent you seem the high school musical movies.' The pigtails girl spoke while playing with her strawberry blonde hair.

"I know and yes ive seen them i was just saying cause i think its cool that the school does a play." "Dont you think plays are lame?" Frank questioned meanwhile playing with a pen "I like them." Its been a like 2 months since ive been here and Frank and I became best friends and were unseparable and the teachers know it so when we have projects we always do them together.

"So whats this years gonna be?" I asked the teacher "Glad you asked Mrs. Way,This years play is a tie between the classic Peter Pan and Alice In Wonderland we'll do a vote and see which one of the both will win." "Please dont tell your joining it." "I see you interested then well im gonna be the main character." Pigtails said and i glared at her.

"If anyone wants to sign up the papers will be righ outside the class." The bell ran and i grabbed my backpack and raced towards the door with Frank calling out for me "So someones eager to play the part." "Heck yeah i am." i growled at Mandy Simmons gee i hate her."Well no one will choose the weird girl for the main character thats for sure might as well chose the princess." he flipped her hair and i backed away.

"Good luck in getting the part." she walked away "Come on Emily dont do this believe me things like this are the worst." I grabbed a pen Frank was holding and i wrote my name "I cant believe your doing this why am i your friend anyway" he joked and i followed him to lunch "Cause you love my company." i smiled "Hey you brought lunch didnt you?" "Yeah why" "Lets eat at the library." "Fine with me." I grabbed his hand which was a bad habit of mine now.

************************

"What are you reading?" he questioned "Sleepy Hollow,you?" "Clockwork Orange." He said while eating his famous lunch which was twizzlers like always this kid is obessed with them even more than i am. "Emily Way!" I closed my book and tilt my head back "Yeah?" "We need you to come with us to the auditorium so we can choose who's the best Alice." "Wait so its decided that its Alice in wonderland."

"Yes the votes were final.Well get up and lets go." I got up and grabbed Frank's arm and he began to groan and saying that he doesnt want to go. "Mandy step right up." I stood behind the curtains and studied my lines "Can you just be the costume designner?" "No Frank ive always wanted to be in a play." "Yeah well study your lines ill be at the library.Good luck." I watched him leave and i bit my lip and heard my name being called.

***********************

"Frankie!!!" i shouted and running through the halls crowded with teenagers and bumping into ones while holding onto my script "Frank!" i pushed open the doors to the library and people shushed me butni kept screaming "What?!" I finally saw sitting in a couch while drinking coffee "I got it!!" "Really?!" "Yeah really." We both hugged and people looked at us weird.

"So when's the play." "This month the 29th." "Well at least it isnt by the end of the month or you wont assist my party." "Your making a Halloween party?" "Uhh no but im going trick or treating." he grinned,"Arent you-" "No one is never too old to trick or treat."

"So wanna go to my house and play some video games,my mom wont be home so we cann yell and have fun." "Sure i'd love to." We got on the bus and Frank kept on talking about what he's gonna dress up as but my mind was focused on the play haha beat that Mandy ooh i wanna see her reaction when they tell her that i got the part.