Chapter 5 Falling Down The Rabbit Hole

""Will you walk a little faster?" said a whiting to a snail,

"There's a porpoise close behind us, and he's treading on my tail.

See how eagerly the lobsters and the turtles all advance!

They are waiting on the shingle - will you come and join the dance?

Will you, won't you, will you, won't you,

will you join the dance?

Will you, won't you, will you, won't you,

won't you join the dance?"

I sang silently pacing back and forth around in my room well it wasnt my room to be exact "Emily youve been singing that song since we came from school." I turn to look at Frank who was concentrated on his game "I know that i promised you to play but i really need to learn my lines.

"Those arent lines your reading your just repeating the song." "Well im sorry but its catchy besides im a huge fan of the old movie." "But Alice doesnt even have black hair..shes blonde." "Should i dye my hair blonde for the part." "What movie is it based off anyway." "I have no idea." I fell on the couch and kept studying my lines.

"Im just gonna buy a wig then and i can also dress up for Halloween as Alice that way i wont have to spend on anything else." I grabbed the ps2 remote control and pressed the menu to stop the game "Lets go and buy my wig then." Frank didnt even complain,so he just got up and followed me outside of his house.

*******************

We were looking through different types of wigs and Frank helping me so i had a plan i searched around and saw what i was looking for "Frank look what i found." I smiled.He faced me and i slowly opened my hand "Holy shit! Get that fucking thing away from me!" I was holding a spider and a real one that was in a small pet cage.

"Come on its harmless." "Harmless my ass.Emily i swear to god if you dont put that thing away ill start beating people up including you." He backed away since i was walking towards him "Alright alright." i laughed placing the spider in his place "Alright you can get down now." I looked up to the front door and saw that familiar blonde hair "Oh shoot." i muttered.

"Hey Way!!" I shook my head,why did she see me? or is she stalking me? "What do you want Mandy?" Frank asked in his i dont care and i dont wanna talk to you voice "Your pathetic girlfriend here stole my place in the play." "Yeah so?" he shrugged "So? I was suppose to have it." "Dont you have better things to do,like kiss everyone of your boyfriends or what you always do." "And what do i do?!" She was furious now "Have sex like sluts do."

The both of them began to almost shout at each other so i stepped in between and told her a few things oh in school she'll try to beat my ass also but we'll see who's the best Alice in this.

*****The Next Day*****

"Alright girls your dresses look perfect." Mandy and I stood on the stage wearing the same outfit and everything else "Alright say your lines and we'll see who really takes the part." I looked at Frank who was sitting in the second row giving me a thumbs up and grinning like an idiot i rolled my eyes and stood there ready."Ill definitely have Alex's part." Mandy whispered to me "Her name is Alice you ass." i growled back.

Mandy and I said out respective lines and so far we were good which was bad cause i wont let her be Alice its been my dream to play Alice."Alright Mandy i want you to sing." "Sing?!" she almost shouted "Yes sing,Alice sings a song in the play." I crossed my arms and watched her sing meanwhile i was sitting next to Frankie here.

We couldnt help but laugh at her horrible voice and she was way off tune "Stop stop" The teacher stood up and gave her a fake smile "Thats enough Mandy,take a seat." "Well its my turn." I stood up and Frank and I fist bump and i ran up there."Alright sing whenever your ready." I took a deep breathe and started singing.