The Innocent Monster

'I was just 17 when it happened' that was what Ronald said during his interrogation.

Ronald was there five years after what actually happened, I know because I was there. My name is Nathaniel, I was Ronald's best friend for 4 years before the indecent.

It was the Fall of 1997, Ronald said, 'Hey Nath, let's go camping this weekend.'

To my surprise, because Ronald doesn't really like the outdoors.

I said, 'Why?'

'Just don't ask. It'll be fun, I promise!' he exclaimed.

'Uhh, alright fine. But where?'

'Remember that old cabin my dad bought last year?'

'Yeah.'

'Well We're going there.' After a long talk with him about it, it was settled we're going camping.

It was camp day. We walked for hours looking for the cabin. It was already somewhat 3PM then we found it!

'Nath! there it is!' He shouted, 'It looks beautiful!'

The cabin looked like it was just newly built like someone cleaned it even in the inside. The Cabin was 2 floors high, with both floors with a width of about 6 meters. we were really hungry so we took out our food from our bags and cooked it up. It reached night-time we were both sleepy. I went to go upstairs but Ronald stopped me.

'Hey Nath! where you going?'

'Upstairs to go to sleep.'

'Oh no we're sleeping outside I told you we're going camping this house is just where we cook our food.'

I sighed and said, 'Fine.'

We set up our tents outside, got in and tried to go to sleep, I was doing my nightly prayers when I heard a loud Crack! 'Ron, was that you?' I asked. 'No, must be an animal.' He before he yawned.

'Must be some big animal to make a noise like that.' We went to check outside, nobody was there. Both of us feeling paranoid we looked around us still nothing. We went to sleep, but I kept waking up hearing a loud something, I can't explain what it was like a big demonic groan.

Second day of the Camp we packed up our stuff getting ready to leave. we woke up somewhat 5AM to get to town early.

But then off the corner of my eye I saw a humanoid-like figure but slightly deformed.

'Ron!' I shouted pointing towards the figure.

'What the hell is that!' the THING quickly ran away sprinting.

'What the hell was that, what the hell was that!'

'Calm down Ron!'

Ron was hyperventilating.

'Ron we need to go back home fast.'

We ran as fast as we could following the trail leading to the main road. After a few hours we found it! Main road, but we couldn't find our car. We searched around the road, nothing.

Then a loud demonic scream from behind us screaming, 'THERE YOU ARE!'

We ran as fast as we could, it just kept chasing us. We found a slow enough truck to hop onto. we got on and the monster stopped and went away.

We explained to the Truck Driver why we got on of course he didn't believe us. We got home and agreed to never talk about what happened there.

Months passed I got a call from Ron he said, 'Nath, I saw it.'

'It? what's it?'

'The thing Nath, from the camping trip I saw it when I was going home.'

I thought he was insane. Eventually he was accused of being one when he went to the media to talk about what we saw back then.

But last month, Ron's mother was murdered brutally.

Ron was accused of being the killer, but he told me it was IT that killed his mother not him.

Police didn't believe him but I. Because I was there. Ron was said to be a monster.

I call him the Innocent monster.

Ron was my friend in the first place because I know he has a feeble mind, he'll believe anything.

During the camping trip he just imagined the monster, he was already insane back then. I chased after him I tried to kill him.

But I didn't so I did what any Psychopath would to kill his loved one.

I killed his mother.

Ron was sentenced to death.

But I'm still out here.

I know because I was there.

I'm always there.

I am the Monster.