Chapter 2 - Date?

Ally POV

It was already 8 pm, that's quite late for an appointment but Austin wanted it that way. I had to look stunning again. But I'm not sure if we can call it a date? And did Austin break up with Kira? Will she find out? I was too busy thinking that I didn't hear the doorbell. 

"Ally?" Austin shouts. I woke up from my daydreams and ran downstairs, almost tripping over the stairs. 

"Sorry, I didn't hear the doorbell.." I said, while opening the door. 

"That's okay, shall we go?" He says. 

"Sure, where are we going?" I asked. 

"It's a surprise." Austin says. When we walk outside it's already dark. I wonder where we're going. Austin's car is on the driveaway. It's a normal car, no Ferrari or Lamborghini or something. He opened the door for me, like a real gentlemen. He has always been a romantic person. 

But unfortunately our first date didn't work out. I thank him and get in, I buckle up. He also steps in and he buckles up before starting the car. He starts driving. While we're driving I peek at him every now and then. 

Austin POV

I see Ally is watching me. I turn my face to look at her and smile. She blushes and looks out of the window. I look back on the road and keep smiling. I'm not sure if we can call this a date. I don't think so because I'm still in a relationship with Kira. But I don't mind Kira at the moment. 

I'm driving to the place I picked out. A meadow. In the trunk is a lunchbox, we're gonna have a midnight picnic. I hope she'll like it. She really deserves a man who gives her all the attention she needs. I really hope I will be that man, but I have to break up with Kira first. I don't want to hurt her feelings. I try not to get distracted in my thoughts. 

After a little while we arrive at the place and she steps out of the car and looks around. 

"Wow, Austin, this is so romantic." She says and blushes. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. You're still with Kira." I look up from the trunk to see her face. 

"I am. But do you want this to be a date?" I ask. 

"To be honest, yes.. do you?" She asks. I see she's still blushing. 

"Yes, I do." I say and smile at her. 

"Okay, good." she says. I take the box and put it down. I take the blanket and spread it across the ground. She sits down on it and I sit down close to her. We eat the food I made and we keep on talking. We haven't seen each other in five years and we have so much to talk about. I really enjoy talking to her. Her eyes look beautiful in the moon light. 

When we finished the food I made, I lay down on the blanket. She lays down as well. 

"What a beautiful night." I say. 

"Yeah, so many stars." She says. I look to her and she looks into my eyes, she smiles. I lay my arm to the side as a sign for her to lay her head on my chest. She does and she smiles. 

"Wow, are you okay? Your heart is beating really fast" She says. 

"Yeah, I am." I say, "I'm just happy to be here with you." She nuzzles her head against my chest and I play a little with her hair, just like the old times. I start thinking about the old times, about our first kiss, about how we broke up when I went on tour. We lost contact while I was on tour. I haven't seen her in 5 years. We're both 20 now. What a difference. 

I got lost in my thoughts and when I check my watch it's already 10.30 PM. 

"We should go home." I say. "Yeah. Good idea." She says. 

We get up and collect our stuff and go back into the car again. I drive back to her house and she gets out once we arrive. I decide to get out too. I walk with her to her doorstep and there we are, facing each other. 

"I had a wonderful night, thank you Austin." She says. I step a little closer and lean in until I kiss her. It feels good, and luckily she kisses back. I can feel her smiling against my lips. When I pull back, I immediately feel guilty. But I hide it. I won't show her. She smiles and I hug her. 

She opens the door, waves at me and walks in. She closes the door behind her and then I'm left alone. I walk to  my car and start thinking. It's like the old times, I can't choose between Kira and Ally. But today, I might choose for Ally. I only need to tell Kira that I want to be with Ally. I'm curious how she will react. I hope she won't get mad.