Chapter Two: Punishment (for not doing chores)

2) picks you up and tosses you over his shoulder if you "forget" to do said chores and won't put you down until you promise to do them

I thought the sticker chart with rewards thing was completely lame. I mean, come on, I'm eighteen now. Shouldn't I be treated like it? I'm a legal adult!

I admit, I did some of the neccessary chores, like dishes and laundry. But I refused to make my bed or vacuum under the couch. That's a bit ridiculous. Don't you think? Dishes and laundry need to be done. But the other ones... I think not.

So one day, I was sitting at the kitchen counter, working on homework when Josh came back from class or something. He always checks the charts to see if things are done. He knows me. Shouldn't he know that I wasn't gonna follow that stupid rule?

He turned to look at me. "Maya?" He asked rather impatiently.

"Yes?" I answered as innocently as I could sound. (We all know that the innocence thing is left to my best friend, and Josh's niece, Riley.)

"Did you forget to do your chores?" He asked.

"No," I admitted, "I didn't feel like doing them. They're stupid and lame."

"Oh? That's how you feel, huh?" He was inching closer and closer, making me uneasy.

Without warning, I was snatched out the chair and thrown over Josh's shoulder. I kicked and punched and scratched and bit and fought and screamed and slapped. And nothing worked. He just held me there, occasionally shaking me around.

"Now do you regret not doing your chores?"

No answer from me. Silence and stillness.

"I'll take that as a yes." He laughed, "Now to you promise to never forget to do them again?" He persisted.

Really? Now he was just being difficult.

"No. I don't promise." I fought back. I shouldn't have to do chores! At least not the retarded ones.

"Then I'm not putting you down."

"What about sleeping? Going to the bathroom? Eating? Classes?" Two could play at the game of difficulty.

"I'm not putting you down until you promise that you will never forget to do your chores again." Josh defied.

I was starting to get uncomfortable up there. His shoulder blade was digging into my gut and I could feel all the blood rushing to my head. I really wanted to get down. Like really bad. I had to give in. But giving in would be a sign of weakness... Oh well... We all know that I'm anything but weak.

"Fine." I caved, "I'll never forget to my chores again."

We both knew that was phony. But we also knew that I would do the stupid, unneccessary chores and that now and again I would "forget" just to spruce things up.

A/N: so...what'd you think? Definitely longer. :) Hope y'all enjoy.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters. They belong to Disney.

Follow, vote, comment.