Chapter Forty: Don't Hit On Me

40) some of his friends will hit on you. Don't fight it. It's gonna happen

And it was guys' night again... Boo... I hate it when Josh has his friends over. Now that we're dating, I have a feeling things will be a little weird. He'll probably expect me to hang around with his friends. And this is what happens when I do:

----------flashback----------

It was my first time experiencing Josh and his guys' night. I didn't think it would be too bad so I decided to stick around. I mean, they were just watching a Yankees game. How bad could it be?

I helped Josh set out snacks and drinks. I figured since it was my apartment as much as it was his, I was kind of a host, or rather a hostess, too.

Once everything was set up, it was about seven or eight minutes before anyone showed up. I disappeared into my room for this part because I didn't really know anyone and didn't want to seem desperate to make friends or something. Which I wasn't. I just wanted to watch the game with somebody. If it was Josh and his guy friends, whatever. As long as I wasn't watching it by myself.

"Maya! The game's starting!" Josh hollered down the hall.

I made my way slowly out, again not wanting to seem too eager. I folded myself onto the floor in front of Josh, who was sitting on the couch. Josh ran his fingers through my hair a little but I shrugged away. After about half an hour, Josh disappeared for a while. If he went to the bathroom or his room, I didn't know.

"Hey Maya..." One of his friends slid into his seat and immediately began hitting on me.

"Hey person." I answered, having no idea who he was.

"You know, you're pretty cute. Josh is lucky to have you as his roommate, if you know what I mean..."

I played clueless so as not to vomit or something. I don't think I'll ever be coming to guys' night again. This was intoxicating. I had to do something to make him stop. I did the obvious.

"Stop hitting on me. It's gross." I stated plainly.

"I'm not hitting on you, Maya. You could only wish." Random dude responded.

"Josh! Come back!" I hollered.

Random dude was leaning closer and closer into my little personal bubble. His cologne smelled gross. I wanted to spit in his face. Josh came out at the worst moment. I had shoved random guy against the back of his couch and slapped him across the face.

"Maya!" Josh snagged me around the waist and pulled me away from his friend.

"How could you be friends with this creep?" I screamed, struggling against his firm hold.

"Maya! Calm down! It's okay!" Josh screamed back at me.

I looked at the random guy. He had a red hand print on the right side of his face. I was glad that I did something to make him back off.

"And you're gonna take his side. I know it." I fought back.

"Maya, I saw everything. I know he was trying to kiss you and that he'd been hitting on you. I left because I saw that he'd been eyeing you all game. I wanted to see what would happen. So Mason, get out and don't ever try to talk to me again. That was sick." Josh pointed to the door and waited silently until Mason left.

After Mason left, Josh took my face in his hands, "Maya, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little creeped out." I replied.

"I'm so sorry, Maya. I'm so sorry." Josh whispered, hugging me close.

"Josh... I'm okay..." I tried to tell him.

"I'll never let that happen again as long as I live. I promise you that."

A/N: sorry it's short and late. I'm on vacation and I've been writing at night. So some parts probably don't make sense 'cause they've been written so late. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own the Yankees (thank god. Go Red Sox!!!!!) and I don't own the Girl Meets World characters. I do own Mason. Though I don't like him.

Follow, vote, comment.